Right now ive got a yamaha pacifica and a marshall something amp ive had them for two years now and im thinking of getting a new guitar but the only problem is i dont know what to get

i play mostly rock tunes(foo fighters,nirvana) and metal tunes(metallica,trivium,a7X) i want something thats pretty cheap (up to about £250) but good for solos and some rythym playing

any suggestions???
dude these are all over my 250 budget i need something cheap and good
Na, it's short for tremendous.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Quote by dooncan
yamaha pacifica and a marshall something amp

Please elaborate on what marshall amp you have. If its an MG or AVT I would seriously consider upgrading it before your guitar.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
yeah ive got a whmmy bar cant i just transfer it to my new guitar (if i ever get it)
its a MG15CDR yeah im gonna get a spider 30 watt line 6 amp because I KNOW they are cool
I hope your joking dooncan
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
why i like them they are cheap and they have good settings and stuff..

if you dont like it then can you suggest another amp i wuld get
Well assuming you used your budget of £250 and sold your MG you might get up to £300. You would be looking at Laney LC15/r , Laney VC30 1x12, Roland Cube 60, Valve Junior and a pedal. IMO I'd check out a Laney LC15R and put a Metal Muff in front of it see if works with your needs.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Well playing through my friends spider II I found it fizzy and digital and generally gave me the ice pick in the ear feeling Generally people dislike them and also the spider 3. Try out the amps I suggested side by side with the spider and I'm sure you'll tell the difference.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
i dont think i would get £300 for it i might get about £40 if im lucky coz its a 15 watt its tiny
Look at Ibanez models for you price range, im not going to be specific but have a look. Even the lower end models are very nice sounding. The trems can be a problem especially Edge III but if you get it set up well then you should be ok for a while
Manchester United
Yea you had £250 to spend on the guitar + the £40 for the MG so you could buy a excellent gig worthy amp which would sound ALOT better than a new guitar through that MG. Try out some of the ones I listed and also check out Ashdown Fallen Angels.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
thanks dudes for all this i never knew it would be quite big

what about an epiphone les paul?? they good?or the epiphone SG?
just how much of an upgrade are you expecting for only 250 pounds??

id save some more, then upgrade the amp first.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
just how much of an upgrade are you expecting for only 250 pounds??

id save some more, then upgrade the amp first.

+1

Wise words. Upgrading your amp will make your Pacifica sound much better.
how much is 250, in america 250 can buy you like a really nice squier, but i'd definately try an ESP 400 model of any style, vipers and eclipses are really good for the money
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Dont listen to him!
Spiders 2!'s...........are a piece of ****.
Go to your local guitar store and play a spider III/3.
They are suprosingly good, I might be biased caused i have, but they are good.
Buy one.
Today!
i know i was going to get a spider III anyway and in response to shaned question it is in pounds as in from the UK so 250 POUNDS is about 500 DOLLARS and can anyone suggest if the epiphone les paul OR epiphone SG is good
Yeah, let's ignore everyone else's advice but listen to the 14 year old with a Blink 182 avatar who can't construct a coherent post.

The Epiphone SGs and LPs are pretty mediocre guitars for the price range. Not bad but not good.

While the Spider IIIs are better than the Spider IIs, buying anything other than the Spider III 15 watt is a waste of money.

Sure, they have a whole bunch of settings, but none of these settings sound particularly good.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Nov 1, 2007,
Damnit Dew, it's people like you that make guitar Jesus cry. This starts a chain reaction you know, first you convince someone to buy the crappy amp, then they tell their friends to buy the crappy amp, then you've got a bunch of crappy amps everywhere! You've doomed...a small number of us...

Uh...anyway, if your really looking for an SG or LP look at agiles. Surprised you haven't seen anyone suggest them yet. I'll be ordering mine soon. Get em at rondomusic.com
Quote by McCheese
Yeah its a tremolo/whammy bar. Depends what you want to call it.
If you want to get that Ibanez I'd suggest getting the trem set up properly so it will last.

Hehe, if you think about it, shouldn't it actually be called a vibrato bar? tremolo is really not a fitting phrase WHAMMY