Actives for me, i have nothing against passive pickups, i just prefer the tone i get from my emg's
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I prefer passive.
For convenience, and i feel actives cater more for the low end of your tone, and i prefer it to be balanced, or more towards the high end.

EDIT: That's for 6-stringers, for my 7-string I prefer actives.
It depends what I'm playin. Generally though, I prefer passives(compared to EMG acives) but I'm getting a set of blackouts(finally!!!!) by next month
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I like them both, but remember, with actives you'll have to worry about a battery...just don't leave your guitar plugged up and you should have no problem.
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
I play classic rock and blues rock and I'm passives 100% of the way. I find actives to lack the dynamics and so on from passives.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I prefer passive, I can't stand Emg's and other actives.
Quote by steven seagull
I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

Check out my band!
can you install actives on any guitar that has stock passives??

like the ibanez rg321, could i put active EMGs on it?
Passives, never found a use for actives, probably never will.
For the record, asking here will result in rather skewed statistics considering this forum harbours far more pseudo-metalheads and metalheads than are the norm. Granted, that's simply my observation and not based on any actual statistic.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Actives since I play a lot of metal and such. But I also like passives if I'm looking for a cleaner brighter tone.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

mostly passives in my guitars, but the EMG 85 in the bridge sounds SOOOOOOOO good. i cant believe its not butter! i mean, passive!