I have the list of an:

OFR in Chrome

SCHALLER 370

SCHALLER 1370

SCHALLER 371

Ibanez Edge Pro

All around the 120-150 price range, what is the better model?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
IMO, the OFR, although I would prefer the black one over the chrome.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
I hate chrome hardware, but the OFR should be best. In the end it all depends on how well set up it is
ohai little sig.
I was weary of another OFR really because of the trouble I had with last one.
I've heard nothing but good reviews on the Schaller Systems.
Ibanez - Can't stand Ibanez themselves but apparently there trems are amazing.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Always go for the real thing if you can.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Edge Pro is an awesome trem and I'd take it over an OFR any day.
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
what's the difference between the schallers?

also ignore anyone saying "always go for the real thing if you can"... schaller make OFRs

Gotoh ones are pretty nice too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave, did you change the tremolo in your RG yet?

Ignore most posts above TS. There are better trems out there: Schaller, Kahler, Gotoh, Ibanez Edge (Pro), ZR and so on...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^ nah, not yet but i have a gotoh on my legra. i've tried the schaller and OFR too; obviously I can't comment on their longevity and durability, but they felt like quality, responsive trems. Edge, lo-pro etc., ditto.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Give Gotoh a try. John Suhr stopped using OFRs as he thought the quality wasn't there and went to Gotoh. I can't confirm this of course, but I figure he knows his stuff. The
Schallers/OFRs are nice too, and should last you a long time. The Edge Pro is a nice long lasting trem, but has a different feel from Floyds. Play a guitar with each and see what you think.
Gotoh and Schallers are just OFRs with some improvements,from what I've read.
Quote by CJRocker
Give Gotoh a try. John Suhr stopped using OFRs as he thought the quality wasn't there and went to Gotoh. I can't confirm this of course, but I figure he knows his stuff. The
Schallers/OFRs are nice too, and should last you a long time. The Edge Pro is a nice long lasting trem, but has a different feel from Floyds. Play a guitar with each and see what you think.

that's interesting. Last I saw on the Suhr page, he was using OFR's, but said they weren't as good as they used to be.

That's a very good point about feel- all of those trems feel slightly different. You might be willing to put up with slightly less durability if it "feels" better to you. I mean it's not like an OFR (as an arbitrary example) is going to wear down after 3 months. And if it feels more natural to you, the added expense of having to buy a new one, if it does wear down, might be worth it to get the best possible feel for you.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's interesting. Last I saw on the Suhr page, he was using OFR's, but said they weren't as good as they used to be.

That's a very good point about feel- all of those trems feel slightly different. You might be willing to put up with slightly less durability if it "feels" better to you. I mean it's not like an OFR (as an arbitrary example) is going to wear down after 3 months. And if it feels more natural to you, the added expense of having to buy a new one, if it does wear down, might be worth it to get the best possible feel for you.

Afaik the deal with Suhr is a recent thing. I have a dealer spec sheet, but I don't want to repost it here. But basically the Pro Series has 2 new Floyded models, each with Gotoh Floyds. Apparently Suhr claims he's dropping OFRs in favor of the Gotohs due to quality like I mentioned.
Schaller it is then!
Couple that with a Fernandes Sustainer & Piezo system.
Drop it into a LP with a Coil Split.
Best ever.
Next to the GB&C Section.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by CJRocker
Afaik the deal with Suhr is a recent thing. I have a dealer spec sheet, but I don't want to repost it here. But basically the Pro Series has 2 new Floyded models, each with Gotoh Floyds. Apparently Suhr claims he's dropping OFRs in favor of the Gotohs due to quality like I mentioned.

thanks.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, Gotoh, Schaller, OFR, Edge Pro.

In that order.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212