Page 1 of 2
I've have being trying to get an address or e-mail address for quite a while now but I can't find one anywhere.
The reason I'm looking for it is so that I can try submit my bands music to be included in one of their upcoming titles. I'm not going to promote it blatantly or anything but if anyone is interested in hearing the song check the video on youtube that I made for it to go along with the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zon1BCdujoY There are more links in the info box aswell.

And yes I do know it's very unlikely EA trax or who ever will give a dam about an unknown, unsigned Irish band but it's worth giving it a try. I got into a lot of new bands from games like burnout takedown and ssx3.
Anyway if anyone knows where I could get info please tell me, thanks - des
look in the instruction book and it might have it in there :s
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
look in the instruction book and it might have it in there :s

well the game isn't out so I cant do that..I know criterion games are developing it as always but I dont know which EA studio is publishing it.. there are a good few different ones all over the world
sorry i have no idea, but some words of advice, make sure you copyright your music. major companies will do whatever they can so they wont have to pay you royalties for your track. my friends cousin sent in his music to a movie production company and it wasnt copyrighted. a few months later he finds out that his track was used in 28 days later and realised that they used one of his instrumental tracks. without even telling him. on the credits of the movie it just said that the track was made by the production company. he couldnt get any recognition for what he did as he would not have a leg to stand on against the production companys lawyers.
Quote by somethingfunni
sorry i have no idea, but some words of advice, make sure you copyright your music. major companies will do whatever they can so they wont have to pay you royalties for your track. my friends cousin sent in his music to a movie production company and it wasnt copyrighted. a few months later he finds out that his track was used in 28 days later and realised that they used one of his instrumental tracks. without even telling him. on the credits of the movie it just said that the track was made by the production company. he couldnt get any recognition for what he did as he would not have a leg to stand on against the production companys lawyers.

well we have the master copies stored in the recording studio where we did the songs so if there ever was a case it wouldnt be too hard to back track to there and find the creation dates on the files.. not to mention we have lots of video evidence of us there recording the songs aswell.. but yeah since we're on the topic whats the best way to go about copyrighting (properly) these days... I know it sounds stupid but I would nearly be flattered if someone went through the trouble of trying to steal my songs lol
The song playing in that video is yours?

Holy shit man, it's awesome .
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

yep.. all the links to our pages are there in the info box

and thanks, really appreciate that
It blends amazingly with the game! Good luck man. And copyright the song BEFORE showing it to them. I don't think that you'd want to see it in the game without them paying you.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
It blends amazingly with the game! Good luck man. And copyright the song BEFORE showing it to them. I don't think that you'd want to see it in the game without them paying you.

yeah well once they dont have a physical copy its all good.. id say they'd want to get a hold of the master copy so it can be remixed properly because it is mixed in mono for some reason and they would want every song in the game to be of similar quality... i dont think a basic mp3 file would cut it for a game

anyway i find myself in that situation il worry about it then lol - because its very unlikely they'll give a dam about unknowns ha
That song is f**king awesome!

I think if you get the right contacts you'll probably get included on the game.

I love the song.

I think you guys will be famous one day, honestly.

Thats some gurrrrd s**t.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Oct 28, 2007,
thanks guys... tis nice to get good feedback like that... hopefully things will work out.. I just see a game as a very good way of promoting yourself... i got into loads of bands from previous Ea titles and thats why i love their sound tracks so much...
and anyway if we miss out sure im sure theres plenty more places to try...
Quote by takeapicture
thanks guys... tis nice to get good feedback like that... hopefully things will work out.. I just see a game as a very good way of promoting yourself... i got into loads of bands from previous Ea titles and thats why i love their sound tracks so much...
and anyway if we miss out sure im sure theres plenty more places to try...

I'd never heard of most of my favorite bands if it wasn't for video games
Quote by purplegreendave
Where in Ireland are you?

Carlow (whats your excuse) ... i go to college in Limerick though ... where abouts are you from
awesome song mate, i love it
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by joeymaxx
I'd never heard of most of my favorite bands if it wasn't for video games

yeah it helps a lot... need for speed, burnout and ssx were the biggies in my opinion.. those series really introduced me to so much stuff i would have never heard of... and practically no one will hear of us across the water unless we get involved in something big like a game ha... we really need to start touring though - but due to school, college, location and lack of bands to play with it makes it very hard.. i can probably see myself having to struggle along for the next 3 -4 years until I finish college and then go for it...
Quote by takeapicture
Carlow (whats your excuse) ... i go to college in Limerick though ... where abouts are you from

Im in Ennis - just a wander down the road.
If you're ever playin down this way pm me
I might be goin 2 UL next year
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by purplegreendave
Im in Ennis - just a wander down the road.
If you're ever playin down this way pm me
I might be goin 2 UL next year

UL is the best college in Ireland.. such a good atmosphere, amazing nightlife and if you get on campus accomadation your totally sorted..
--------------

Quote by Travv0
The video won't work for me...

But on topic, contact info should be on EA Games' website, I would think.

thats weird man seems to be workin for everyone else?
yeah i tried the EA site but those guys would'nt even give you a second... if its not business they're not interested
The song works really well with the video!
and it sounds real proffesional
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by purplegreendave
And the fact that it's the only place with the course I want, sound engineering:
http://www.ul.ie/admissions/newprospectus/Undergraduate/colleges/informatics/LM114.shtml

thats the course im doin man!

the first thing that might shock or disappoint you is that there is no music really at all for the first year.. yeah you get to do a few projects and stuff but it is mainly totally all really hard basic stuff at the moment.. you have 5 modules... perceptual systems is horrible (its basically biology) ..then you have maths which is just a step up from leavin but you'll be grand if you do well in pass ...programming is crazy. 80% people failed it last year.. its really really hard and if you dont work at it every day your ****ed like we all are now... it is cool but just too hard.. why you have to do it is so you have a basis of computer programing under you as you work with a program called c-sound next year in which you have to program the computer to do every single thing with regard to playing back the music to you (i know little about this) .. then theres intro to digital media which is just all about how the internet was concieved and how it evolved over the years.. its interesting but its really really pointless... finally theres a module where you are just givin simple projects to work on using programs like logic express and i movie... its really enjoyable. next year you move on to workin with final cut pro and what not.. unfortunately thats the only module you get to really be creative with ...next semester its all new apart from maths though so im looking forward to that...
hope that gives you some insight into the course.. basically the music will come but not for a long long time.. just make sure you have a fair knowledge of computers (not essential) but it helps...
Quote by will123456789
The song works really well with the video!
and it sounds real proffesional

well it only cost two and a half thousand euro to record for the week so it would want to be soundin professional .. it was recorded in manor park studios in co antrim ...
Man, I love Burnout music.

Your track really fits with the theme of Burnout. It needs touching up a bit first, though.

EDIT: Man, the guitar is so messy.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by takeapicture
thats the course im doin man!
other stuf....

Eep, you make it sound less attractive.....but Im gonna go now cos Im dragging this off topic
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Wow I never heard of ye and I live in Kilkenny, and ye're ****ing good. Noice one! Where'd ye go to record?
Quote by Smokey Amp
Man, I love Burnout music.

Your track really fits with the theme of Burnout. It needs touching up a bit first, though.

oh yeah big time.. its not perfect like.. it was recorded professionally but it is still only a demo and on average we got each song done totally in a little under a day.. as you probably know artist who have time on their side may have up to a week with a specific track or more...
but yeah it would need to be remixed and remastered to compete with the top artists in the game if it got that far..

Quote by purplegreendave
Eep, you make it sound less attractive.....but Im gonna go now cos Im dragging this off topic

no prob man.. its still a cool course but just givin you a heads up there will be no rocking out
Quote by Tarzan_man
Wow I never heard of ye and I live in Kilkenny, and ye're ****ing good. Noice one! Where'd ye go to record?

manor park studios in antrim.. yeah its a long way away but for our type of music its the best place to go... now please save the abuse but I should mention I used to play with scuba dice before they went on your a star.. . well thats well in the past now
you in a band?
Quote by takeapicture
oh yeah big time.. its not perfect like.. it was recorded professionally but it is still only a demo and on average we got each song done totally in a little under a day.. as you probably know artist who have time on their side may have up to a week with a specific track or more...
but yeah it would need to be remixed and remastered to compete with the top artists in the game if it got that far..

Awesome. The main problem I have with the sound is the guitar, it's far too tinny sounding; it sounds like it's being output from an incredibly cheap rig. Now, the guitar does need quite a bit of treble to for the kind of sound you're going for, but it's a little too much. Get some mids in there, man.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by takeapicture
manor park studios in antrim.. yeah its a long way away but for our type of music its the best place to go... now please save the abuse but I should mention I used to play with scuba dice before they went on your a star.. . well thats well in the past now
you in a band?

...=O

SMALL WORLD. hah I remember ya from some promo pics in the kilkenny people. You won BOTBs 06' with em I think ye?

And I am indeedy in a band! Won the Band's band and best song award along with 2nd place in Kilkenny Battle o' d' Bands 07. We're called Decadation. Thrash Metal with melody and such. Just after getting to record a single free of change as a prize for coming second! Will be out soon and all.
Last edited by Tarzan_man at Oct 28, 2007,
Dude, That song was amazing. Nice work.

But to answer your question, I guess you should Just contact Criterion.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Are those live drums? They sound ****ing great! Good luck mate, you deserve to be put on that soundtrack.
Quote by Tarzan_man
...=O

SMALL WORLD. hah I remember ya from some promo pics in the kilkenny people. You won BOTBs 06' with em I think ye?

And I am indeedy in a band! Won the Band's band and best song award along with 2nd place in Kilkenny Battle o' d' Bands 07. We're called Decadation. Thrash Metal with melody and such. Just after getting to record a single free of change as a prize for coming second! Will be out soon and all.

no that was another guy... i played with them after BOTB ..did a gig in the olympia and in teh zoo with mike got spiked .. but that was mainly it actually. ..

yeah i actually heard of yee before but never listened.. i look forward to hearin the single when its out...
Quote by takeapicture
no that was another guy... i played with them after BOTB ..did a gig in the olympia and in teh zoo with mike got spiked .. but that was mainly it actually. ..

yeah i actually heard of yee before but never listened.. i look forward to hearin the single when its out...

Awh yeah coz i just went ta yer profile and ya have short hair and the other chap has long lushus flowing locks. Thanks ta you too! I think the other guitarist in our band knows ya or is friends with ya on bebo I think. Hah great ta see someone from the locality on UG though. I'll make sure a copy of the single finds yer hands whens it's out!
Last edited by Tarzan_man at Oct 28, 2007,
Page 1 of 2