Hey dudes.

If i was wanting to change the floyd in my guitar to a better one... then how would i know if the one im buying would fit the guitar?

I have a maverick X-1 with a liscenced floyd rose and i would like to change it to a original floyd rose with the speed loading system.

Thanks in advance =]
I used to have the same guitar!!!

I think it can be swapped for original floyd rose. But not sure about the speed loader.

http://www.floydrose.com/instructions.html

Check the dimensions here.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I wouldn't of thought the speedloader system would have been very good, as it just means you can stick the strings in quicker and you're limited to one or two brands/makes of string, and so surely that'd be a downer?
you would prolly have to do some modifications to the headstock area for the strings at the top but the website for floyd rose should tell you the dimensions of all the systems so you could match that up with yours to see if you have to route out the body where the floyd was just check that out it'll tell you everything
Don't modify a maverick!!!
Didn't they just go under? Hold onto it for a while and it might be worth something in a while..
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
They will be back in a while I think...

Bought mine for 100 pounds used. Then sold it for 180

X1 is the lowest of the low. I can't see the price going up tbh...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

im changing the bridge because of a problem i get when changing strings

i can always put it back in but when i change the bottom two strings and bring them up to pitch they pop out of the saddles.

it also has a few ugly paint chips.

besids i dont plan on ever selling this
uhh wats so much better about the original with speed loader?
im getting a guitar with a floyd rose in a few weeks...and i htink it has a licenced, but whats better about the original?
not a huge amount but you generaly cant buy lisnced ones without their relative guitar =]