Page 1 of 2
Whats the first album that really got you into this magnificient downward spiral of head banging music.

What album was it/ how old were you/ how long did you listen to it/ do you still listen to it?
IF YOU DONT CHEW BIG RED THEN #$*@ YOU!!
Scum by Napalm Death but only because i downloaded a ****load before then.

I was 14 / Quite sometime / Yes.
Ride the Lightning. I think I was about 13. I listened to it (and Metallica in general) non-stop for about a year. I still listen to it, just not nearly as much as I used to.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Ride The Lightning/6(no lie, my oldest brother is huge on Metallica, and I thank him for making me listen to the album)/pretty frequently/yes
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
lol

alien ant farm anthology.

i was 10 and i still listen too it pretty regularly. not the best metal album ever i guess.
I think it was Metallica's MoP

I was 11, I listened to it very much and yes, I still listen to it, actually I consider it as my favourite album of all time
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

By my definition of metal (I consider nu-metal a subgenre of metal), it was Slipknot's "Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses)". I was 10, I listened to Slipknot heavily for a year and half, and I still listen to it on the rare occasion).

By the general definition of metal, Metallica's "Master of Puppets" was the **** when I was 11, and still is.
Metallica ...and Justice for All
Love my dad for getting me into that.
about 10, a hell of a lot, and yes one of my favourite albums.
Master of Puppets is NOT the best album of theirs.
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
Judas Priest - Stained Class.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
My first was Black Label Society's The Blessed Hellride. I think I was about 14. I listened to it a lot, but I haven't touched it in a while.
Umm..... Well, the first album in my possession that was metal was Metallica's Black Album. I was in 6th grade or so.

I had been listening to heavier music before that, like a bunch of Disturbed, Powerman 5000, Mudvayne, Slipknot, etc., but I just wasn't into metal.

But I had been around metal a long time. My uncle played Black Sabbath since IK was really young, I just had no idea who they were.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by IAMIDY
By my definition of metal (I consider nu-metal a subgenre of metal), it was Slipknot's "Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses)". I was 10, I listened to Slipknot heavily for a year and half, and I still listen to it on the rare occasion).

Damn you were 10 when that came out!
Anyways, not really metal but a good precursor Blue Oyester Cult's Don't Fear the Reaper when I was maybe 5; Metallica's black album around maybe ten, but before that the radio played more metal.
Well, lets see... I was eight or nine when I got Nevermind, about 10 when I got Green Jello (Little Pig, Little Pig Let Me In!!!).... 11 when I got Bleach, but I'm not sure if any of those count as "metal" Green Jello maybe, but the real answer is Ride The Lightning. Dec. 8th 1998... I was 13. Every year on Dec. 3rd I now celebrate my Metal Birthday... THE DAY I BECAME A METALHEAD. Of course I still listen to it. In fact, I'm a bigger Metallica fan today than I was back then. If my day is crap, I just listen to Metallica and all is good.
Black Sabbath's self titled one. Was a favourite of my mums, and used to play it a lot when i was younger. Influenced me in the music i listen to today!
Both the first CD's I ever bought as well as first metal CD's: Metallica's MoP and Dream Theater's Train of Thought.
I was 13 or 14, can't really remember.
I played the shizzay out of MoP, but ToT got significantly less spins, due it sucking.
I listen every now and then to some MoP, when I suddenly get a nostalgic feel, and I still love the songs. ToT is more useful to me as a frisbee than a cd...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I was 10
And Justice For All...

yep
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
My first metal album ever was a Nu-Metal album. It was Papa Roach's Getting Away With Murder album, and I was about 12 or 13 when that came out. It wasn't the heaviest of tunes, but the title song Getting Away With Murder influenced me to pick up heavier tracks. My friends, some of who were rabid Slipknot and SOAD fans, introduced me to them, and eventually I went beyond nu-metal, purchasing albums like Metallica's Black Album and, more recently, Megadeth's United Abominations album.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I was in sixth grade and Slipknot's self-titled CD came out and I don't think I listened to a different album for about six months. I'll still give it the occasional spin for nostalgia, but it hasn't really aged well. My first "real" metal album was a couple years later when I got None So Vile
nirvana --> metallica --> pantera --> chimaira/lamb of god --> mastodon/tool --> death metal/ melodic death metal
Iron Maiden. Dance of Death. Sometimes give it a listen.
Life is My Mistake, the Responsibility Held By No One Else
I'm Leaving Footprints in the Ashes of the Fallen
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Ride the Lightning. I think I was about 13. I listened to it (and Metallica in general) non-stop for about a year. I still listen to it, just not nearly as much as I used to.

Exactly the same as me.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
My first metal albums were Ride the Lightning and Train of Thought (if that counts), but the album that really got me into extreme metal was Nile's AotW.
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (Iron Maiden) was the first metal album i listened to all the way through.
First metal album i bought was probably either Rust in Peace (Megadeth) or Peace Sells (Megadeth) listened to both all the way through. still listen to all of them.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

The first one I bought that really got me into metal was The Black album when I was 15, and I still listen to it a lot, though I have also gotten into more metal bands, like Death, Children of Bodom and other Death Metal or thrash bands later on.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
My first metal album was hellbilly deluxe by rob zombie in 1998, i just loved it, i think i was 14 when i bought it, i dont listen to it much anymore but i still think is one of the best of purchases that i have ever made.
My first album had to be Powerslave from Iron Maiden, i was like 14 when i bought it lol it was at some vinyl store, so i bought it.. that was the number one album that got me into metal!
master of puppets at 16 2 years ago, i really wish i got into metal along time ago.. i remember kids wearing slayer shirts in 7th and 8th grade, until i was 16, i never had the opportunity of listening to true metal, i just thought it was this crazy thing. now i cant get enough
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by Tehzekester
My first metal album was Master of Puppets by Metallica. I was 14. I listened to it a lot and I still do.

Same here. I still listen to also, and I still think that Damaged Inc. is one of the coolest songs of all time. Gonna be seventeen in less than a month, so I guess I'm going on three years of listening to metal. to another three.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Iron Maiden-Live After Death
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Well I first got the Headbanger's Ball CD, here's the tracklist and there are a few metal songs:
Disc 1:
1. Slipknot - "Duality"
2. Korn - "Right Now"
3. Killswitch Engage - "Rose Of Sharyn"
4. Megadeth - "Kick The Chair"
5. Atreyu - "Right Side Of The Bed"
6. Drowning Pool - "Step Up"
7. A Perfect Circle - "Weak And Powerless"
8. Shadows Fall - "What Drives The Weak"
9. Machine Head - "Imperium"
10. Superjoint Ritual - "Waiting For The Turning Point"
11. Kittie - "Into The Darkness"
12. H.I.M. - "Your Sweet Six Six Six"
13. Avenged Sevenfold - "Unholy Confessions"
14. Lamb Of God - "Laid To Rest"
15. Soulfly - "Prophecy"
16. Black Label Society - "House Of Doom"
17. Damageplan - "Breathing New Life"
18. In Flames - "The Quiet Place"
19. Fear Factory - "Archetype"
20. Probot - "My Tortured Soul (live from Headbangers Ball)"

Disc 2:
1. Cradle Of Filth - "Medusa And Hemlock"
2. Unearth - "The Great Dividers"
3. God Forbid - "Antihero"
4. The Agony Scene - "We Bury Our Dead At Dawn"
5. Children Of Bodom - "Needled 24/7"
6. Bleeding Through - "Love Lost In A Hale Of Gunfire"
7. Trivium - "Like Light To The Flies"
8. Satyricon - "Fuel For Hatred"
9. Himsa - "Rain To The Sound Of Panic"
10. 3 Inches Of Blood - "Deadly Sinners"
11. The Black Dahlia Murder - "Contagion"
12. Every Time I Die - "I Been Gone A Long Time"
13. Blood Has Been Shed - "She Speaks To Me"
14. Eighteen Visions - "Waiting For The Heavens"
15. Deicide - "Scars Of The Crucifix"
16. All That Remains - "The Deepest Gray"
17. Twelve Tribes - "Venus Complex"
18. The Dillinger Escape Plan - "Panasonic Youth"
19. Martyr A.D. - "Bring Out Your Dead"
20. Dimmu Borgir - "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse"

Then I got some Shadows Fall cds & then got into more MDM bands like In Flames & Amon Amarth.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Page 1 of 2