I'm looking on ebay, and I was interested in the Boss GT series. I see GT-8's going for $350-400, and GT-6's going for $225-250.

Which would be better for the price? Is the GT-8 worth the extra $150?
I played both at a shop. I found sound quality wise they were identical, but the GT-8 was a little easier to use due to more buttons on it basically. You also have more control on the GT-8 with an additional pedal (maybe 2, this was awhile ago) on it. It also has more presets. IF you aren't gigging, the Gt-6 will be fine. Both sound the same, and use the same effects engines. Ones just gives you a little more immediate control and presets.
Meh the forum looks kinda barren, doesn't look like many people go there anymore or at all.
Quote by TJM2482
Meh the forum looks kinda barren, doesn't look like many people go there anymore or at all.

I don't see what that has to do with anything... There is a massive amount of information on those exact questions of yours, as well as how to get the best out of whatever GT series product you get. There's simply not much left to discuss until Boss releases some new products in the GT line.

Maybe you didn't recognize that the posts you see when you go to the forum are only those from the last month, e.g. on the general GT-8 section there are right now 5 pages of threads. If you go to the bottom of the page, in the "Display Options" you can choose to view posts from the beginning. That should bring you to 324 pages in this section alone, and then for example 137 more in the general GT-6 section.

If you can't find what you're searching for on that forum, it's probably not worth writing about.