I'm writing a project on litterature for college, for which I've chosen Mark Twain as a subject.. I've just read Huckleberry Finn, The Mysterious Stranger, and a collection of short stories entitled Cannibals in the Cars, which icontains some of his most morbid comedy stories.

The Mysterious Stranger was a great read, I just finished it, and the last chapter is mind-blowing.. It does seem like Mark Twain was taking all his ideas and throwing them together, and it really shows how ahead of his time he was, as far as I can see. His arguments against war and religion are very well formulated, IMO..

I thought it was really interesting, and I'd like to hear if anybody has something to say about Mark Twain, as I can always use a kick in the right direction. Thanks!
I love all of Mark Twain's works, and I thought Cannibals In the Cars Was a Great Story. I love his sense of humor, especially in "The Story of the Bad Little Boy".
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Yeah, the story of a bad little boy was a great play on all the cliches of "moral storytelling." His humor style is kinda absurdist, isn't it?

I'd love to hear what people think the message of huckleberry finn is, though. The themes are obvious enough, but why Mark Twain wrote the story, I don't really know. Is he just conveying an impression of his own time?

A friend of mine said he found the end of Huck hilarious, which I don't get entirely, tbh. So Tom Sawyer was just trying to make an adventure out of things? It might be a generational gap, but I'd like to hear someone explain this a bit.
I'll try one bump >.>

I realize this might be the wrong place to ask, but Mark Twain has had topics before!
Quote by Harwood
I'm writing a project on litterature for college, for which I've chosen Mark Twain as a subject.. I've just read Huckleberry Finn, The Mysterious Stranger, and a collection of short stories entitled Cannibals in the Cars, which icontains some of his most morbid comedy stories.

The Mysterious Stranger was a great read, I just finished it, and the last chapter is mind-blowing.. It does seem like Mark Twain was taking all his ideas and throwing them together, and it really shows how ahead of his time he was, as far as I can see. His arguments against war and religion are very well formulated, IMO..

I thought it was really interesting, and I'd like to hear if anybody has something to say about Mark Twain, as I can always use a kick in the right direction. Thanks!

i did this exact project this year in 11th grade honors.
Quote by RedMoonMan
i did this exact project this year in 11th grade honors.

Alright, which books did you write about? What did you get out of them?

I'm gonna be comparing to some Danish litterature from Twains period, should be interesting.