Page 1 of 2
Well, here I was today, minding my own goddamned business. I went out of the workshop for just THREE minutes, leaving my apprentice/student working inside.

I went off to buy some more pipe tobacco, seeing as I was fresh out of it.

So, anyway, as I come back, I see two, maybe, 16-year old kids running out of the workshop. Seeing as my apprentice is 17 now, I thought he had just some friends visiting, seeing how he is doing.

I go inside, and ask him: "Hey, Mike! You had a visit I see!" to which he replies "No, why do you think so? I've been working on the bandsaw, cutting the mahogany for the body I'm making all this time" "Who were those kids then?" "What kids?" "Nevermind.".

I thought "hell, maybe the little bastards just wanted to have a look around, and fled when they heard someone coming". But alas - when I went back to work, carving the top for a custom Les Paul I'm making right now, I noticed that my .15 chisel, my hammer AND my aniversary Parker pen are GONE.

Damn little ****s. Why? I mean, **** the pen, I understand that, it's quite a handsome item, but A GODDAMNED HAMMER AND A CHISEL?! Wtf?! They cost, maybe like 2-3 PLN in the hardware store!

So tell me, UG: is this a typical Polish problem, or are the little ****s like this everywhere?

EDIT: Yes, i know it's unusual, but i DO work at weekends. Just so you dont ask.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Nope they're everywhere. If you catch them kill them, that way they wont bother anyone else. Thats how i get rid of them. It's also hilarious watching there scummy parents on the news crying about there missing children. Should of brought them up better!!
I'm sorry to hear that, but

I wonder what 16 year olds would do with a chisel...

They're all small items, though. Maybe they just fell off the table?

And there are similar kids all around Yurp. When I lived in Austria, there were these 12-year-old gangstas (I kid you not). They were of some turkish origin, I believe. They took stuff from markets and no-one ever stopped them. 4 of them attacked a friend of mine and stole his skateboard.

He got it back, though. He was 3 years older and ran way faster.
Quote by joeymaxx
have you ever been to england?

its worse.

Somehow i cant ****ing imagine. I've had many things stolen from my workshop, including fresh guitars.

EDIT: ^ No, those things are gone. And I was using them before I walked out of the shop. They were stolen, there is no question about it.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Quote by binjajer
Somehow i cant ****ing imagine. I've had many things stolen from my workshop, including fresh guitars.

lock it?
Take a trip to Liverpool mate. I was there once and I saw some guy get off his bicycle and nip into the shop for a paper or whatever. Seconds later, a WILD TRACK SUITED YOUTH APPEARED!! And lo, the bike was Scoused.
Quote by sashki
Locks, anyone?

Btw, how old are you? Just curious

Locking does NOT help. Those bastards have recently learned to pick the heftiest locks, or, if that does not work, just ****ing destroy the door. I had to replace it last month, luckily the guys stole nothing, seeing as I caugt them red-handed and turned over to the Police.

I'm 32 this year, fort he record.

EDIT: del_monte: Ha! Good thinking, but I prefer to do it bond-style - introduce them to the band-saw.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Lol, if you don't bolt it down it'll be nicked. But then if you bolt it down they'll unbolt it and nick it anyway.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Is a security camera (hidden) out of the question? It would be good for identifying exactly who is doing it, good for police evidence. Or failing that, a pit of spikes covered over loosely by leaves in the entrance...
Quote by binjajer
Locking does NOT help. Those bastards have recently learned to pick the heftiest locks, or, if that does not work, just ****ing destroy the door. I had to replace it last month, luckily the guys stole nothing, seeing as I caugt them red-handed and turned over to the Police.

I'm 32 this year, fort he record.

set up a security system, if you can. the kids will probably **** themselves if a siren goes off and a big, scary voice starts yelling at them. it'll be an investment, but it'll pay off if they're stealing entire guitars.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Lol, if you don't bolt it down it'll be nicked. But then if you bolt it down they'll unbolt it and nick it anyway.

They'll nick what it's bolted to.
(Right about now, I imagined a group of teens carrying a whole workbench out, with all the tools and a clamp on it)

I say get a security system, an alarm of some sort. It seems to happen often.

Or make some mechanical shovel that hits intruders in the face if they step on the welcome mat.
you could get a guard dog
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
rape their mothers.

and kill their fathers.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
maybe the student is in cahoots with it...

>_>

<_<
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Is a security camera (hidden) out of the question? It would be good for identifying exactly who is doing it, good for police evidence. Or failing that, a pit of spikes covered over loosely by leaves in the entrance...

It rather is, unfortunately. I'm too poor to afford this kind of thing. I can barely make a proper living from lutherie and music, combined. I was thinking, maybe I should start sleeping in the workshop? For a few months, maybe. I'm a hunter, so I've enough guns and ammo to fend off an army. A brenneke in the face is a good way to stop theft.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Quote by joeymaxx
have you ever been to england?

its worse.

Of course he has, he's Polish. HOHO!

And to TS: yeah, kids are c**ts everywhere. Well not ALL kids (I personally wouldn't do anything like that), but a lot are.
well it is a polish problem :P... and i wouldnt dare to talk about this here since most of the UG users are teens ;P
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Is your table close to his? Because if it is, then he must of had to have seen them... Just saying.

Btw, I'm 15, not every kids like that, so just because you had a bad experience, don't go around hatin' on us! :P
Quote by Serjem
well it is a polish problem :P... and i wouldnt dare to talk about this here since most of the UG users are teens ;P

And...?

If any of you, little ****s, comes near my shop, you are gonna get pwned both in real life, AND here.

EDIT: AthenasGhost: No, his table is pretty far from mine, and he was working in another room at the time.
And no, I'm not prejudiced. I just hate, what they call in england "chavs", and what we call in Poland "dresiarze".
Quote by bakk
Hi,

sounds like we need to gather together for a good ol' fashion witch hunt
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by Serjem

This is about specific Polish Chisel Teens (PCT's for short)

Seriously, barbed wire kicks ass. Cheap and cheerful.
Quote by binjajer
It rather is, unfortunately. I'm too poor to afford this kind of thing. I can barely make a proper living from lutherie and music, combined. I was thinking, maybe I should start sleeping in the workshop? For a few months, maybe. I'm a hunter, so I've enough guns and ammo to fend off an army. A brenneke in the face is a good way to stop theft.

I guess if you sleep in the workshop for a while, they'll eventually break in. That's when you greet them with the barrel of a 12 gauge, causing massive crapping of the pants and fear of ever entering said workshop again.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I guess if you sleep in the workshop for a while, they'll eventually break in. That's when you greet them with the barrel of a 12 gauge, causing massive crapping of the pants and fear of ever entering said workshop again.

Righto! That's what I'm gonna do. I'll take my driling, it's better to greet them with two 12-gage and one 30-06 barrel then just one.

Plus, barbed wire seems good too. Maybe some landmines?

EDIT: the driling is quite heavy, but I can hold it in one hand easily (workout ftw), so maybe I'll get my Muela Mirage hunting knife too...

EDIT2: HELL YEA!

Quote by bakk
Hi,

Last edited by binjajer at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by binjajer
And...?

If any of you, little ****s, comes near my shop, you are gonna get pwned both in real life, AND here.

EDIT: AthenasGhost: No, his table is pretty far from mine, and he was working in another room at the time.
And no, I'm not prejudiced. I just hate, what they call in england "chavs", and what we call in Poland "dresiarze".

Yeah I'm guessing they are chavs.
some chavs in my school bragged that they robbed 50 splints from the science lab
some people would steal your turd if it wasn't nailed down
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by binjajer
Righto! That's what I'm gonna do. I'll take my driling, it's better to greet them with two 12-gage and one 30-06 barrel then just one.

Plus, barbed wire seems good too. Maybe some landmines?

EDIT: the driling is quite heavy, but I can hold it in one hand easily (workout ftw), so maybe I'll get my Muela Mirage hunting knife too...

So you can afford landmines, but not an alarm?
Quote by joeymaxx
some chavs in my school bragged that they robbed 50 splints from the science lab

That's hardcore!
Quote by joeymaxx

WOOOOOOOOAH that's hardcore. Imagine what you could do with all them splints..
Quote by sashki
So you can afford landmines, but not an alarm?

This is Poland, goddamit! You can dig up WWII landmines, or buy from the Russkies in a 2-for-1-bottle-of-moonshine deal. Cheaper and more effective.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Damn kids? Age has nothing to do with it. They will still be assholes 30yrs from now.
But none the less I feel your anger and frustration. I used to have a problem with kids in my neighborhood. Leave a few body parts hanging around and they get the point.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Damn kids? Age has nothing to do with it. They will still be assholes 30yrs from now.
But none the less I feel your anger and frustration. I used to have a problem with kids in my neighborhood. Leave a few body parts hanging around and they get the point.

Heh, getting it done medieval style? Maybe, maybe... There's not gonna be much to leave hanging around when I shoot them with a brenneke...
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Yeah man. It sucks, but there are assholes everywhere. Don't think it's restricted to kids, either.

You just need to invest in some CCTV cameras, and put warning signs up saying the premises are under 24/7 surveillance. That should keep them out
Quote by zombie_monster
You should turn into a Polish serial killer that kills ****ty teenagers.

Just stay out of America

I'm going to the States next year, so beware.

EDIT: ^ I should invest in some 12 gauge surveillance. Like, two or the thugs wielding automatic shotguns, or at least .357s.

Dreams will be dreams, for now - I'll have to sleep there myself, heavily armed.
Quote by bakk
Hi,

Quote by binjajer
Heh, getting it done medieval style? Maybe, maybe... There's not gonna be much to leave hanging around when I shoot them with a brenneke...

They don't have to be "Big" parts to be effective.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2