I got a debate in class 2morrow n have to speak 4 the motion that god does not exist...personally i would have preferred to spk against it...
So guys plz help me...i would really like u guys to give me some points...they need not be elaborate...just points but points wid substance....

Thanx
Do what meths does and make childish insults making sure you don't let anyone else get a word in.

I love him really.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
You can't prove that he doesn't exist. But you can argue against creationism.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
own peoples beliefs can decide if he is real or not

like (stupid example) santa claus

(dont flame wheter he does or nt please)
use epicurus' argument

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to
Then He is not omnipotent.

If He is able, but not willing
Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing
Then whence cometh evil?

If He is neither able nor willing
Then why call Him God?
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Open with the argument that the Question "Does God Exist is redundant" in the same way as the argument "does Santa exist" or "Does the imaginary flying toilet orbiting the moon that I just made up exist".

The problem with this agrument is without a precise definition of what God is its impossible to prove or disprove. So challenge the other team to define God, then get a pen and paper ready and prepare to ripe 1001 holes in their God, or just sit there and contradict everything they say.

For counter-arguments I'll presume that they're going to challenge you with the supposably unanswerable question of "where did the big bang come from" if they're not extremely smart respond with "Collision of 2 3 Branes along the 4th dimensional plane of the multiverse", if they're smart though that merits the response "where did the multiverse come from", so if they;re lkely to say that, just run through the cosmological argument for them (google it if you dont know what it is) then point out that the illogical step in the argument is the presumption that causality cannot extend off to infinity.

If they bring up a lack of morality without a soul, point out that evolution defines human behaviour, things like Love and charity can be proved to be evolutionary processes using Game theory(branch of maths).

If they point out the afterlife, presumably asking what you have to live for if you dont believe in heaven and ask how you can not eb depressed, point out that however depressing the truth is, it doesnt make it false.

And the 2 Kesy to all religious debates, and the downfall of almost every amateur atheist: Dont get sucked into the wrong argument or be presume that something said like it makes sense makes sense. You are not attempting to prove that God doesnt exist, you are trying to prove that it is a stupid question to ask in the first place considering the lack of reasonable evidence.

Almost "proofs" of God rely on the fact that people take things at face value. When someone leads you through a "proof" of God, look at each step extremely carefully and examine "is this step really true, or do i just presume it is because of how the other person said it?" Intelligent design, the cosmological argument, the ontological argument, Pascal's Wager etc. are all founded on a set of logical steps, 1 of which in each is severely flawed.

Good luck.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
1)where is he? (we no hes not up)
2)the fact theres so many religions based round the same idea (suggests all religions are just stories created for worship)
3)god kills more than satan in the bible
4)homosexuality isnt considered wrong anymore but was when the bible was written (shows the bibles just what people thought was 'right' at the time)
5) people (think they) want to live forever so an afterlife is desirable
well, how would humans be able to interpret what is good or evil if God does not allow both? If we only have good, then there is no concept of evil.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!