I have to write 5 short stories, 200 words each.

They all have to be about the same thing, but have different plot lines and outcomes.

I need help figuring out a situation that can have five different outcomes and plotlines.

Help??
so this one day you wake up in an unfamiliar cellar
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Ok I'd do this...

A dystopia New York City, after some large world war that destroyed most of the population. The city is inhabited only by roaming bands of youths.

I would have five different groups of kids all encounter a certain thing/situation, like a glimmer of hope, and have them all interpret it differently
My God, it's full of stars!
Someone dying as the main theme and have five stories about five people and how they cope with it differently.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
A man walked out of a building...
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by Dreadnought
Ok I'd do this...

A dystopia New York City, after some large world war that destroyed most of the population. The city is inhabited only by roaming bands of youths.

I would have five different groups of kids all encounter a certain thing/situation, like a glimmer of hope, and have them all interpret it differently

thats a ****in great idea,you should do this.
That is a good idea, but them all encountering the same thing would make the stories have a similarity in plot line.

My teacher is anal =/
Quote by Dreadnought
Ok I'd do this...

Dystopia

But that's just me.

Write about 5 different women who all have still born babies, or miscarriages, and how they cope with it.
Quote by Smoothrider_41
That is a good idea, but them all encountering the same thing would make the stories have a similarity in plot line.

My teacher is anal =/

What if you start off each story with the knowledge that they found something implied, and then how each group reacts is where the actual plot comes in?

Or is that still too similar?

I dunno, I'd just wanna see how derelict children cope with hope amidst nothing
My God, it's full of stars!
200 words isn't much for a story.. but,

Its 2032 and [Insert Country Here] Has just declared war on your country, and write about different events that happen
as you only have 200 words to do it with, i think the idea of women dealing with miscarriages would be good, cos you don't have to develop the plot line too much. One woman could be relieved she miscarried, another could face depression, another could just get generally upset... you could even do one from the perspective of the father.
whilst a love the idea of five bunch of youths running around NYC as the only survivors, in 200 words, you're not gonna say much...
Quote by garrett5
200 words isn't much for a story.. but,

Its 2032 and [Insert Country Here] Has just declared war on your country, and write about different events that happen

HAHAHAHA.

I live in america.

Even if they declared war on us, we would claim we declared war on them!

and tehn smite them for thinking they could take us.
ever read a choose your own adventure goosebumps book? same thing. just pick a page where u have 5 options and build a new story from there. use ur imagination man. remember that anything can happen, anythign!!
Alright, heres what im doing.

China has just declared war on us in the year 2057.

Im doing stories from different peoples points of view at different times of the war.

(in Chrono order)

Im starting with The president beign told about it.

Then a mother being told her son is being drafted.

Then a soldier on the battlefield(not the same son)

Then a child at home, whos brother was just killed(not teh boy from the last)

Then a group of chinese soldiers when they begin an invasion.(to get an opposing view)
I know you've just decided, but before you have a go listen to the song Angles by Scroobius Pip vs. Dan Le Sac, you can find it on their myspace here:

http://www.myspace.com/lesacvspip

It's an interesting song with the same kind of idea, but the characters are all connected to make up the story.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Yeah, I'd like a read.

Glad you liked the song! Scroob is a genius.
one ****ing word ZOMBIES!
Am i on fire? OHHH NOOOO!!! I'M ON FIREEEEEE

Heres the first two.

And so it Begins

J ames had never been so happy in his life. Five beautiful women attending to his every desire, feeding him mango punch and coconut shrimp, massaging his back after his stressful day at work. He’d grown accustom to this utopia when he was awaken from his false delusions.

“Mr. President! Mr. President!!” Said Mr. Obama, the head of the military commission furtively. “The Country of China has just declared war on us!”

President James C. Macentire had never been so lost for words or actions before in his entire 7 year reign in office, since his induction in 2049. He muttered “How will we break this to the nation?”

“Sir, the head CEO of fox new has just called us.” Said Sally Rice, Head of the Complacent Americans Department. Its goal, keep Americans happy and uninformed. “He says that Wang Chung has just sent them video outlining their plans for the infiltration and destruction of the American political machine, and the end of a 200 year empirical office. Ironic eh?”

“Now isn’t the time to joke.” Said James.
“They say they’re going to air the footage in one hour.”
“That will cause too much problems. Disassemble fox news until they comply."

Bad news

Joanne walked to the door hastily, tripping over everything in her cluttered house. The doorbell rang until she finally screamed “ILL BE THERE IN A SECOND!!! THE WORLD ISNT GOING TO END!” Smile, she thought. And she did.
“Hello sir, how can I help you?” She said to the uniformed men in her doorway. They stood there stoically with many pins, and the presence of ten men, though they was small.
“Hello ma’am, my name is lieutenant Sparrow, and this is private Jones. Is Gregory home?” said the man, with an “I’m not going to waste time getting to the point” tone.
“Yes he is. Does there seem to be a problem sir?” she said to the man.
“We will find that out soon enough wont we?” he said. “Please get your son.”
She welcomed the men inside as she called upstairs to her son. “Joshua, you have some visitors.” she said with an erroneous sense of cheeriness which sent him careening down the stairs at the hope of a break from his mediocre room. His excited disposition was abruptly sojourned however, at the foreboding silhouette of the uniformed men with impassive faces.
“Gregory, you’ve been drafted” said Luitenent Sparrow.
Last edited by Smoothrider_41 at Oct 28, 2007,
I know you have already chosen but a natural disaster would be a good, while slightly predictable (im assuming there is a whole class of you doing this) theme.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Heres the first two.

And so it Begins

James had never been so happy in his life. Five beautiful women attending to his every desire, feeding him mango punch and coconut shrimp, massaging his back after his stressful day at work. He’d grown accustom to this utopia when he was awaken from his false delusions. “Mr. President! Mr. President!!” Said Mr. Obama, the head of the military commission furtively. “The Country of China has just declared war on us!” President James C. Macentire had never been so lost for words or actions before in his entire 7 year reign in office, since his induction in 2049. He muttered “How will we break this to the nation?”
“Sir, the head CEO of fox new has just called us.” Said Sally Rice, Head of the Complacent Americans Department. Its goal, keep Americans happy and uninformed. “He says that Wang Chung has just sent them video outlining their plans for the infiltration and destruction of the American political machine, and the end of a 200 year empirical office. Ironic eh?”
“Now isn’t the time to joke.” Said James.
“They say they’re going to air the footage in one hour.”
“That will cause too much problems. Disassemble fox news until they comply.

I'd have Mr. Obama ask the President for 'a quiet word please' and break it to him more professionally, 'Mr. President, I regret to tell you that China have declared war'.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Someone dying as the main theme and have five stories about five people and how they cope with it differently.

the movie Bobby comes to mind.

you should make one or a couple of the stories be from point of view of the Chinese
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
Last edited by GizmoKaKa at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by Dreadnought
Ok I'd do this...

There's a book called Empire that already has done that
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
3rd story.

The soldiers of troop 47 were stricken with a feeling of despondency throughout their entire being. Half of them had been killed or captured by the elusive Chinese army within the first two weeks of being stationed in shanghai. Sean had been here twice as long as the rest of them. Seen twice as many die, and lost twice as many friends. He was angered when they would complain, but no matter how much he had seen or they had seen, it was too much.
“So I’m getting sent back in a week!” said Sean’s troopmate, overjoyed at his turn of fortune.
“If you live that long…” said Sean under his breath. Everyone stared at him incredulously. He knew they were, but he looked the other way, slightly ashamed of what he said. Even though it was a realistic statement, it didn’t exactly help the moral of the troop. He flipped the radio switch. “The troops in china are pushing the frontier forward…”Obviously a fox station. It’s what they listen to when they want to be fed comforting mendacities. He turned the radio off, laid in his cot, and turned his back to rest of the troop; hoping tomorrow wouldn’t come.
Quote by Smoothrider_41
I have to write 5 short stories, 200 words each.

They all have to be about the same thing, but have different plot lines and outcomes.

I need help figuring out a situation that can have five different outcomes and plotlines.

Help??

5 guys going to a concert, a story for each of them.

one gets killed in the crowd, another guy gets drunk and hits a kid on the way home, another guy gets laid, another guy has backstage passes and another guy tries to get up on stage and steal the lead guitarists axe

EDIT: i only read the first post
Fourth

Timmy liked his action figures. They allowed him to create his own world. In school he was told there was a war going on. He knew this already however. A few months ago, some men came to his house and dressed his brother Craig up as a soldier. Timmy was excited; Craig looked like a GI Joe. “My brother is going to fight the Cobra commanders!” he told his friends, unaware of the authentic danger his brother was facing.

A knock at the door startled him from his routine action figure throw-down on the living room floor. His mother walked out of the kitchen and over Timmy, mentioning he should play somewhere out of the way. As she opened the door Timmy noticed her expression change drastically. The same two men who dressed up Timmy’s brother were at the door. “CRAIG IS HOME!!!” He thought optimistically. His mother sank against the wall, unresponsive. “Mother?” he said, rising and running to the door in his footie pajamas. “Sir? Where’s Craig?” he said with a gentle innocence, looking left, then right out the door. The man patted Timmy on the head with a tear in his eye, and turned to walk away.
Quote by Diamond Dave
5 guys going to a concert, a story for each of them.

one gets killed in the crowd, another guy gets drunk and hits a kid on the way home, another guy gets laid, another guy has backstage passes and another guy tries to get up on stage and steal the lead guitarists axe

EDIT: i only read the first post

You should watch Detroit Rock City.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Fifth

Huang Nguii had been in the Chinese army since he was born. He had killed more men in his life practicing how to kill men, than most men had killed actually trying to kill men. He remembered being a child with his parents. They showed him a sword when he was young, but he had not interest in it. He preferred guns. “More bang for your buck, more of a rush” He thought. He was the best the army could provide, and the most classic. He would die for china, if it was needed, and he would kill for china. It had provided him with everything he knew. When he was told of his mission, he was ecstatic. He would be firing the shot that would bring down a nation, and rip its infrastructure to the ground. This was not terrorism, though it will be labeled such. This was counter imperialism. He watched President Macentire had been spew lies for about fifteen minutes now through his scope, becoming more and more enticed. James spoke of America’s “progress in china” and said “we are pushing their defenses, they wouldn’t dare attack us on our own soil.” Huang chuckled, and pulled the trigger.