I wonder if you guys could give me some advice on how I can reduce picking noise,

This is really only a problem with my neck position. I have a Fender USA Strat and there is a PAF Pro installed at the neck.

When I use the neck position on high gain you can hear the "puck puck" noise of the pick abit too much for my tastes. It's not like I pick really hard, I'm actually pretty gentle.
I use Jim Dunlop JazzIII XL picks, maybe I should try medium guage? Or perhaps it is the PAF Pro itself. I have my gain set at about 6 so it really isn't loads of gain either.

All help much appreciated.
play dunlop gator 2.00 mm picks. Almost no picking noise with them. Good picks too :P
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
I find that sometimes my pick is set too deep between the strings. If I change the depth, I get less of the sound you describe.
do the thicness of the pick have to do with the noise? i always thought it was your structure of your hand and how your palm muting and how your not palm muting really and the harder it is the harder its going to pluck so wouldnt just make it worse?
Quote by convictionless
do the thicness of the pick have to do with the noise? i always thought it was your structure of your hand and how your palm muting and how your not palm muting really and the harder it is the harder its going to pluck so wouldnt just make it worse?

Well I palm mute on strings I don't want ringing out and adjust the position of my picking hand accordingly whilst playing. The problem really is only at the neck position where it seems to pick those noises up alot. I don't want to turn my treble down, I like the amount of treble I have.
Quote by convictionless

Yes, and no. Dunlop 3.00 mm big stubbys make much noise, because of the pointy tip. So I use to wear that of. But yeah, a well rounded thick pick won't make much noise compared to either pointy picks, or thin picks.

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by XtAsY2007
I wonder if you guys could give me some advice on how I can reduce picking noise,

This is really only a problem with my neck position. I have a Fender USA Strat and there is a PAF Pro installed at the neck.

When I use the neck position on high gain you can hear the "puck puck" noise of the pick abit too much for my tastes. It's not like I pick really hard, I'm actually pretty gentle.
I use Jim Dunlop JazzIII XL picks, maybe I should try medium guage? Or perhaps it is the PAF Pro itself. I have my gain set at about 6 so it really isn't loads of gain either.

All help much appreciated.

Welcome to the world of high-output, shreddy pickups with enhanced midrange response....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by fixationdarknes
I actually really like the pick noise I get. It adds a nice accentuating staccato to each note.

Picking sound is nice. In smaller doses.

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black