So i am the unfortunait owner of a marshall mg50 and i played it today with out my gt-8 and realises how crap the gain chanel actualy is i just wanted to know if you guys had and suggestions to improve the sound when i just wanna practice without any effects so what should i have my dials at for a good metal sound

thanks in advance
ive got the same amp and your right the gain channel sucks but theres no getting around it you pretty much have to buy a distortion pedal

go with a metal muff
buy a better amp

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
go on google and type in marshall mg50dfx settings thats what i did. easy! the dist channel is actually quite good for metal. mines fine!
Clapton is God

fender telecaster custom
cry baby wah
digitech death metal
dan electro delay
korg multi effects
boss chromatic tuner
marshall VALVESTATE 8040

oasis acoustic (wonderwall video)
go on google and type in marshall mg50dfx settings thats what i did. easy! the dist channel is actually quite good for metal. mines fine!
Clapton is God

fender telecaster custom
cry baby wah
digitech death metal
dan electro delay
korg multi effects
boss chromatic tuner
marshall VALVESTATE 8040

oasis acoustic (wonderwall video)
Quote by trivium_rock

Google settings = Good Idea
MG50DFX Good for metal = Failure.
Well, one of the tutors at college brought his PRS in for me to use yesterday cos my guitar is currently ****ed, and I dunno what pickups he had in that thing, but it actually sounded almost nice through the AVT150 they have in college. Yeah I know they have a tube in the preamp section but that does **** all anyway.
I'd love to hear his guitar through my 5150.. hehe.