We've got a strat thread, we've got a tele thread, and theres probably a thread for jaguars, jazzmasters, mustangs, etc etc etc... But no thread for Cyclones, until now.

I bought a second hand MIM Fender Cyclone made in 2002 yesterday, and its quite possibly the nicest sounding guitar i have ever played. its tone is way ahead of any other guitar i own. I'm not sure if its the stock pickups (fender atomic humbucker and fender tex-mex single coil), but it certainly sounds amazing.

So whether you have a fender or squier, whether its the original HS cyclone, the HH cyclone or the SSS cyclone II, post here

Its a shame these guitars were discontinued as of this year, people seemed to ignore them because nobody famous used them except for occasionally John Frusciante, but they are actually very good.

I'll post pics as soon as i can, although theres a lot of stuff going on at the moment, house being re-shuffled and stuff...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
fender never made it in lefty, so they can go screw themselves.

lefty mustang is nicer anyway though
lol, i was wondering about that.

i prefer the cyclone to the mustang, because i didn't like the bridge and trem, or the switches on the mustang. the cyclone both switched for something i do like
Rig Winter 2017:

i think i went for the cheaper and easier option getting a cyclone instead

i now realise that my last post made absolutely no sense, too

what i was saying is the cyclone has a different bridge (a strat bridge) and a 3 way toggle, which i much prefer to the dynamic vibrato and the wierd slider switches. warmoth would've just been effort...
Rig Winter 2017:

with a lefty instrument, effort is standard. but anyway i find the stock mustang is pretty decent. you get used to the switches after awhile.
i've played mustangs quite a lot but never gotten used to it really. if i'd ordered mustang parts off warmoth, what i'd have build would've ended up being basically, a cyclone, anyway, except i'd have had to pay more to build it myself...
Rig Winter 2017:

i like warmoth. you get EXACTLY what you want without spending 3 grand(unless thats what you want) at the fender custom shop. lefty mustang, swamp ash 1 piece bod, 1 piece maple neck, ebony fretboard. custom handwound pickups. custom paintjob and wiring scheme. for 1000 dollars, you cant get that from fender my friend.
yeah, but this is the cyclone thread besides, the cyclone is exactly what i wanted already built.

i was going to get a custom mustang from warmoth with HS pickup config, a strat bridge, and a 3 way toggle... but with the extra costs it just wasn't worth it, especially since i saw the cyclone which was basically identical to what i had in mind, cheaper.
Rig Winter 2017:

well i took my cyclone to college today, everyone liked the bright yellow finish, saying it's "in your face, got a lot of attitude". Maybe it wouldn't have been such a good idea seeking out a black one instead of getting the one i had easy access to
Rig Winter 2017:

I wish I had a real Fender Cyclone...Im stuck with my squier at the moment. I have a fender strat in canada but I never brought it to Australia; just my acoustic and then I bought a squier cyclone new for 170 aus which is a little pricey but I needed a guitar that day. hehe plus i only had 200 bucks to spend.