What guitar of these do you think is better, an epiphone les paul gothic, an epiphone les paul studio or an ibanez ADX120??

Thanks to all
Can't say on the Ibanez, never played one myself.

As for the Studio and the Gothic (same thing effectively), don't touch them. If you're desperate for an LP, don't go any lower than an Epi LP Standard. Even then, that's not a great guitar; you're better off getting more cash and buying an Epi LP Custom, or looking into a brand such as Tokai or Agile.

Epi Studios, 100's, Juniors and Special-II's are real bottom-of-the-barrel rubbish, despite what the advertising and spec sheets might suggest. Epi have done a few limited runs of certain special Studio models that have turned out okay, but a bog-standard Studio/Gothic isn't worth touching to save your life. In fact I believe touching more than one may in fact cut your life span in half.
Quote by bokuho
Can't say on the Ibanez, never played one myself.

As for the Studio and the Gothic (same thing effectively), don't touch them. If you're desperate for an LP, don't go any lower than an Epi LP Standard. Even then, that's not a great guitar; you're better off getting more cash and buying an Epi LP Custom, or looking into a brand such as Tokai or Agile.

Epi Studios, 100's, Juniors and Special-II's are real bottom-of-the-barrel rubbish, despite what the advertising and spec sheets might suggest. Epi have done a few limited runs of certain special Studio models that have turned out okay, but a bog-standard Studio/Gothic isn't worth touching to save your life. In fact I believe touching more than one may in fact cut your life span in half.

+1, the Epi LP Goth felt like a plastic toy when I played it.

The ADX specs look good, I would go with that out of the 2 you listed, have you looked at the RG321 or the RG2EX1? or maybe even the ARX120?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Isn't a Epi LP Standard a good enough guitar?? Have you tried Greg Bennett Av3?
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
The limited edition Goth LP was the ****, because it had a double locking Floyd Rose system with the locking nut on the neck, and a mahogany body. The new models suck because they're just LP Special II's painted flat black. If you can find the one with the Floyd, I suggest you buy it, as you might be able to earn some nice cash in the future for it.

As for the Ibanez, the pickups look a little weird, like they were cheaply produced. But, the set neck, and the body are nice. If you were going to buy either the LP or the Ibanez, I would switch out the pickups for some Seymour Duncan Invaders, or some Gibson Iommi humbuckers.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s