1 6%
Bass 2 with Amp 1
2 11%
Bass 1 with Amp 2
1 6%
Bass 2 with Amp 2
14 78%
Voters: 18.
Avoid epiphone basses like the plague apparently and those Ibanez basses are good for beginners. I'd avoid the 'drive' amp too because I've never heard with them. Stick with the Ibanez bass and Ibanez amp IMO.
signature
Another 5 dollars for the fund....

I have an older Epi (Fender P Bass clone) and I really think as a company Epi stopped trying, oh say about 1993. I like Ibanez, but that's me. There is my opinion, which means nothing btw, because you really need to try these basses yourself and live with your own decision.

On the amps, I am not thrilled with either, so I didn't vote in the poll. One is a no name, and Ibanez amps have never lit my fire. What's your budget here, btw?
Quote by anarkee
Another 5 dollars for the fund....

I have an older Epi (Fender P Bass clone) and I really think as a company Epi stopped trying, oh say about 1993. I like Ibanez, but that's me. There is my opinion, which means nothing btw, because you really need to try these basses yourself and live with your own decision.

On the amps, I am not thrilled with either, so I didn't vote in the poll. One is a no name, and Ibanez amps have never lit my fire. What's your budget here, btw?

250 dollars for a bass

175 dollars on an amp

Edit: If I get something cheap and is good. That'd be great. I'm not exactly the richest 13 year old.
Last edited by basskid94 at Oct 28, 2007,
The ibanez amp that you specified is 35W, what is your preferable wattage? Is your amp just gonna be for bedroom practice, etc.

EDIT: If you just need an amp for bedroom practice I'd recommend this pack: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-Ser-Hollowbody-without-Tremolo?sku=519527

Plus, it's a decent price.
signature
Last edited by Bullet-Rule at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by Bullet-Rule
The ibanez amp that you specified is 35W, what is your preferable wattage? Is your amp just gonna be for bedroom practice, etc.

I might play with some friends in a band maybe. So something that get over the drums. My neighbor across the street said about 30 watts could get over drums.
He's a pretty good bassist and drummer.
Oh right, if that pack doesn't appeal to you then I'd go for the 35W Ibanez amp and bass.
signature
Meaning no disrespect to you neighbor and his advice, 30 W is not going to really cut it with a drummer, unless they are rather subdued. My live in drummer said that he never realized how he was not properly hearing me until I went up to a Ampeg B3 (150W).

Are you dead set on new amps? Because you may (with a little more cash) get a decent combo on the used market that could carry you for a while.
Last edited by anarkee at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by Bullet-Rule
Oh right, if that pack doesn't appeal to you then I'd go for the 35W Ibanez amp and bass.

I'll get the Ibanez bass and amp
bass 2 deffo

amps you should play arround

30w will get over some drummers but depends on accoustics and the drummer !!!

the drive amp is ok i have the smaller 20w version and i get a nice tone for practice but no way over drums (i cranked it and blew the speaker:P)

but ibanez should be gd
30w will not get over any drummer that is actually a drummer, and not someone timidly tapping sticks against skins.

Don't buy the Epiphone bass, and as far as your budget, you should swap the two values around. You should be more willing to spend cash on a better amp than on a better bass.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Go for the Ibanez bass, but try and find a nice used combo instead, you'll be glad you did.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
bass 2 and IMO i think any bass amp that has less than 100 watts and a 15" speaker is useless as u can only basically use it for bedrom practice. If u want to jam and eventually get into a band i suggest u save ur amp money for something like a rumble 100 or ampeg ba. Otherwise ur just spending dead money so to speak
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by bazz_aaron
bass 2 and IMO i think any bass amp that has less than 100 watts and a 15" speaker is useless as u can only basically use it for bedrom practice. If u want to jam and eventually get into a band i suggest u save ur amp money for something like a rumble 100 or ampeg ba. Otherwise ur just spending dead money so to speak

Ampegs that cost less than their top line stuff aren't worth the money. BA115's and their ilk are mediocre, and easily beaten in their price range. The BA115 100w combo, as far as I'm concerned, relies on the good name of it's parent company to make up for it's distinctly average quality. I know all companies, however good, put out a "meh" amp at some point, but that's no excuse to buy one.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Epiphones rock...i use a thunderbird through a 160w laney amp...does fine for me :-)