How do organisms remain highly organized in spite of the universal tendency toward entropy? Also, how is free energy and entropy related?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
maybe a better question is:

how do i pass biology?

seriously. im retarded. i have a d in a freshman class.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Organisms are encoded with DNA, which create structure and organize the organism. Organisms are not just a collection of stagnant atoms; they're composed of collections of complex molecules working together.

Entropy is the law that states that everything tends to get disorganized. Free energy is released when something loses entropy.
Quote by geetarguy13
Organisms are encoded with DNA, which create structure and organize the organism. Organisms are not just a collection of stagnant atoms; they're composed of collections of complex molecules working together..

I'm pretty sure I need to answer the question in a way that relates to using energy. All the book tells me is Energy is the key to entropy, but my teacher tells me I need to expand on that.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Put something in about how other forms of energy are used to overcome the entropy, then, I guess. Something about cellular respiration using glucose molecules, or sunlight, CO2 and water for photosynthesis.
Quote by geetarguy13
Put something in about how other forms of energy are used to overcome the entropy, then, I guess. Something about cellular respiration using glucose molecules, or sunlight, CO2 and water for photosynthesis.

Thanks dude.

Quote by HuckIt