6 19%
RG5EX1
4 13%
RG4EXQM1
4 13%
S320 S Series
17 55%
Voters: 31.
Alright so I narrowed it down to about 4. They're all Ibanezes. Here they are.

Ibanez RG3EXQM1 with Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz pups replacing the stock EMGS.
(About $470)

Ibanez RG5EX1(About $400)

Ibanez RG4EXQM1(About $450)

Ibanez S320 Series(About $500)

I will probably getting a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30W Tube with one of these guiters (for christmas.) I play mainly Rock, Classic Rock, some Metal, and Jazz.
Last edited by jfloyd1879 at Oct 28, 2007,
The vox amp is not a tube its solid state. I have the 50 watt version.

I'd save up more money and buy a better guitar if it were me.
but out of those i'd say the s320 then buy some different pickups.
The Valvetronix? It says "Real tube-power sound from Vox Valve Reactor circuit"
"Real 12AX7 triode tube and low-wattage tube power circuit."
But it's a hybrid amp, so it still has tubes right?
Oh, and please don't vote if you don't know any information about at least one of the guitars.
Looks like the S is getting the most votes. Is the S truly better then the RG3EXQM1 (with Duncans)? Can someone answer why please.
I voted for RG5EX1 because I have it and love it, but I've tried the S320, and it's pretty great too, especially the tremolo. I don't like the way it looks very much but that's not important, but I'm not crazy about the clean tones.
so what if u like the RG3 with the stock pickups? would u still switch pickups? i mean, it's a complete waste of money if u change pickups if it actually sounds okay to ur ears...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by jfloyd1879
The Valvetronix? It says "Real tube-power sound from Vox Valve Reactor circuit"
"Real 12AX7 triode tube and low-wattage tube power circuit."
But it's a hybrid amp, so it still has tubes right?

Well, when I peer into the back of mine, I see an EHX tube smiling back at me. Maybe it's just for show
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
If you don't need the trem. Go for the RG3whateverQM + duncans

I wouldn't change the pickups just yet if I were you though. Put the money towards a better amp. Or a bigger version of that amp.

I can't believe S is getting the most vote. There's no point getting a paper thin guitar + a trem that you are never going to use for $500.

But it is a completely different story if you want a trem. Then definately the S.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I probably won't use the trem for the S320 that much, so if your voting for it because of that, STOP NOW
Anyway if I do like the stock pickups, I guess I'll just keep them, maybe get a better amp. Any suggestions on an amp around $450?
Blue junior, Palomino v16 should be within your budget.

Alternatively. If you want to use the amp for solely practise purpose. Then I'd get a Junior Valve + a OD pedal (I am thinking of a Ibanez Tube screamer) + a good EQ pedal.

If you don't mind getting an used amp. Then Peavey classic 30 is very nice.

Peavey valveking can also be quite good for the price.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.