this thread is comparing the american and korean versions. is there really any difference between USA made and Korean made versions of this guitar? im talking about htre dimebolt, slime, or any other paint jobs of this guitar. thank.
2nd member of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
I never really saw much of a difference between Korean made and USA Made guitars, rather than knowing that your guitar is American. Something about having a precision instrument constructed by an Asian man can be reassuring. Most companies prefer to have their cheaper models made in other countries (Japan and Korea) which makes no sense at all to me. Sure, you get the reassurance that your guitar was made with top notch woods in the USA, but how do we know that the Koreans don't use the same quality wood?
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
well most of the guitars are not actually made in Korea they are crafted there and that's why they're cheaper than those made and crafted in USA and Japan.
so the only difference is that the quality of the wood is more htan likely better in the US? is there any difference with the durability or intonation tho?
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Obviously there is a difference. Korean guitars are just another outsourced mass-manufactured product. A Korean Washburn isn't made on a Korean Washburn factory. It's made in an efficient guitar sweatshop that might also make Schecter, LTD, Ibanez, and whatnot on the same premises. So generally, nothing "premium" is used, and the attention to quality is a fraction of that of an MIA model (which is made in much lesser quantities and on a factory dedicated to that particular instrument brand). If the quality was the same, they'd cost the same.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
so do u think its a mistake to buy a 500 dollar guitar from Korea?
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
Quote by super_dude101
so do u think its a mistake to buy a 500 dollar guitar from Korea?
Eh, no - why. That's what Korean guitars cost. You aren't going to buy an American (or a Japanese) guitar for $500, so at that price point, Korean is a better option than, say, Indonesian. The point is that a $500 Korean guitar is definitely not "the same thing as a $1500 American guitar, only Korean".
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i think buying a Korean guitar for 500$ is good bargain because one of my guitars is Ibanez made in Korea i bought it for 650$ and it sounds better than my strat which is made in Japan but not all of the korean guitars are so good it's a matter of luck because not all of the guitars are made of cheap wood but most of them so for 500$ you can get really good guitar or not so good
good luck
Quote by IvanVG
i think buying a Korean guitar for 500$ is good bargain because one of my guitars is Ibanez made in Korea i bought it for 650$ and it sounds better than my strat which is made in Japan but not all of the korean guitars are so good it's a matter of luck because not all of the guitars are made of cheap wood but most of them so for 500$ you can get really good guitar or not so good
good luck

That might have more to do with the fact that you prefer the sound of your Ibanez to the strat. Korean guitars are usually okay, good for the money you pay. On the cheaper models though, you can usually see the lack of attention to little things, like messy solder joints, loose tuners, misintonation from the factory. Nothing half an hour of TLC can't fix, but still, you usually can tell that you're holding a cheaper guitar.

Even having said that, Korean guitars are kind of becoming premium fare. Lots of Schecter, LTD and Ibanez guitars made in Korea sell for anything but budget prices.
Dog454i have a usa stealth i refinished it was the dallas star stealth, i had 2 usa dimeslimes, and a 97 korean slime. The 97 is my favorite out of all atleast the one i had i just loved. The wood on the usa slimes and fret board are pure quality, the stealth wasnt all mahogany but is a beast..
Lets not bump old threads
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.