okay, well i'm writing some songs that i have started to write on Guitar Pro, and i'm getting very frustrated, because i'm finding difficulty in getting my bars to add up to 4 beats when getting with a mixture of Quarter Notes, Eighth Notes, and Sixteenth Notes, in One bar. so is there any tips on writing your music so you have the right amount of beats per bar..? especially dealing with odd numbers of 8th notes or 16th notes because even numbers are fine.. but 3, 7 or 9.. yikes
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Change the time signature then so the bar is complete?
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
but i don't know what to change it to.. because i got guitar pro not even a month ago. and before that i would just use tabs so i never used timed notes and whatnot..
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
ok erm...go to a bar on guitar pro and at the bottom left corner of the window there should be a thing that looks like "1000 : 4000" or something like that next to the exclamation mark. Tell me what is the ratio.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.

oh that means i have more than 4.. so how much of a note would i need to take out?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Use dots. A dot adds half of the note onto it. For example, half of a quarter note is an eighth note. So a dotted quarter note would equal A quarter note added to an eighth note.
if youre writing in a 4/4 time signature, you have 4 beats per measure, and each quarter not gets a 1 beat. So basically you will see the bar being broken into 4 beats which could be 1 quarter note each, 2 eighth notes each, 4 16th notes each, or something like 1 8th and 2 16ths. if you just watch that you should see.
Quote by lua4x

oh that means i have more than 4.. so how much of a note would i need to take out?

I think you need to learn about note time values, ties and time signatures etc. before attempting to write something in GP unless its pretty basic. There not difficult at all, it'll take all of half an hour to google it, learn it and apply it.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

^^ i do know about tied notes. i just don't know what .375 of a note is..

all i know is
whole note-4
half-2
quarter-1
8th-.5?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Yeah, write what you want, and if it sounds good, do it. However, if you want to learn how to fit stuff into music bars, learn about the different note values, and as you play try and work out what you're playing in the way of note values. It takes a bit of practice to get good at it.
sig goes here
Remember that sometimes your bars won't start on 1. You can hang beats over into the next bar if you need to. I like to have my measures end on the & of 4, and then tie into the next bar. Maybe that's why you are going over in your measure, you need to tie those leftover beats to the next measure. Or possibly you're writing in a different time signature and don't realize it.
I am totally for doing what you think sounds good, however just fitting as many notes as you want into a bar is ridiculous.
Quote by lua4x
^^ i do know about tied notes. i just don't know what .375 of a note is..

all i know is
whole note-4
half-2
quarter-1
8th-.5?

Well is that how much you over by? And how long is the last note the bar?

16 .25

therefore a 16th + 32nd = What you over by, use a tie and have a dotted 16th note I think would work?
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.