Page 1 of 2
Okay.

So this freshman girl came to the United States from China when she was 12 or something. Dunno much more than that. I know this other freshman girl because we were both on the same bus. (we both live in the country) She doesn't really play guitar very well. The chinese girl wanted to start a band, cuz i guess she's decent at guitar. I'm a junior. I can keep a beat on drums, play the bass decent, but mostly play piano.

So I got into this band with 2 freshman girls.

We had one practice awhile back, and I mean we kind of sucked, but not too bad, the main problem was that there wasn't anything to play.

Today was supposed to be the 2nd practice, so I was going to go... but when I drove there, I kind of didn't want to go, cuz it'd be awkward. So I just went home. And I find out later that the other girl didn't go either.

What does this mean?
and do you know anywhere I can get some music to play/whats a good song for a chinese girl on guitar and me on bass?
Why did we need to know that the guitarist is chinese? Will that affect the answers we give you?
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
why is the fact that she's chinese so important when it comes to playing guitar?
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Hey, what do you guys think of Dir en Grey, anyway? There's this girl I kinda like, but shes obsessed w/ it, and it kinda turns me away
^^

you haven't even started the band properly imo.

so you can't fail before it's even started.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I just don't get why we needed to know she was chinese, just don't be in the band if u don't like it or if it's gonna fail, if ur band sounds bad or ur band members don't show up, then yes it fails.
yeah why DID you tell us that shes chinese

did you think we were gonna tell you to send her to a sweatshop?

seriously thoe.. do that i need some new shoes
Okay so the chinese part doesn't really affect it, i guess im just racist, im not really used to being around chinese people
No matter what you may think, you did not see the original content of this post.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by Sol9989
^^

you haven't even started the band properly imo.

so you can't fail before it's even started.

how do you start a band then?
Quote by geetarguy13
Okay so the chinese part doesn't really affect it, i guess im just racist, im not really used to being around chinese people

You should suggest covering 'Turning Japanese' by the Vapors, then claim you 'can't tell the difference'.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by rorythefaggot
No matter what you may think, you did not see the original content of this post.

That's not a problem.

That's an unfair advantage.

Asians are good at everything.

STFU! EVERYTHING! YOU CAN'T DENY IT!
Quote by geetarguy13

first you register your band name as a trademark and then you make a big bonfire in which you throw 3 chickens as a sacrifice in order to please the musicgods
Quote by big duck

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Quote by geetarguy13

practice regularly, gig, record.

i've played with loads of people for a song or two, but it doesn't mean i'm in a band with them.

I guess I should ask myself a question..why am I asking the Pit how to start a band?..
You didn't go to band practice because you thought it would be awkward? Why the **** are you in the band in the first place then?
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
ask yourself sooner next time, mmk?

Quote by sashki

YOU CAN'T DENY IT!

thats me alright
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by M0ly
first you register your band name as a trademark and then you make a big bonfire in which you throw 3 chickens as a sacrifice in order to please the musicgods

lol, well we never really had a band name.. how do you register, anyway?
Quote by sashki
That's not a problem.

That's an unfair advantage.

STFU! EVERYTHING! YOU CAN'T DENY IT!

thats true....

[fact] it actually a theory ive got.... if you can do something good... theres always a chinese who can do it better... [/fact]
Quote by geetarguy13
lol, well we never really had a band name.. how do you register, anyway?

I dunno I've never been in a band myself, I guess the chamber of commerce or some sort of bureau where you can register your band name as a brand
Quote by big duck

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Quote by geetarguy13
Okay.

So this freshman girl came to the United States from China when she was 12 or something. Dunno much more than that. I know this other freshman girl because we were both on the same bus. (we both live in the country) She doesn't really play guitar very well. The chinese girl wanted to start a band, cuz i guess she's decent at guitar. I'm a junior. I can keep a beat on drums, play the bass decent, but mostly play piano.

So I got into this band with 2 freshman girls.

We had one practice awhile back, and I mean we kind of sucked, but not too bad, the main problem was that there wasn't anything to play.

Today was supposed to be the 2nd practice, so I was going to go... but when I drove there, I kind of didn't want to go, cuz it'd be awkward. So I just went home. And I find out later that the other girl didn't go either.

What does this mean?
and do you know anywhere I can get some music to play/whats a good song for a chinese girl on guitar and me on bass?

It means you're an idiot.
Well you could learn that "I think I'm turning japanese" song , and if I were you, from the the sounds of it either give up or write songs.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by metallica_death
Well you could learn that "I think I'm turning japanese" song , and if I were you, from the the sounds of it either give up or write songs.

Beat ya to it.
And noone fecking noticed.
EDIT:
Quote by GreenDayChris
You should suggest covering 'Turning Japanese' by the Vapors, then claim you 'can't tell the difference'.

Quote by metallica_death

The fact that the threadstarter said the girl was Chinese would imply that she is from China and not Japan.

I think that's right? Hmmm, i'm pretty sure it is. Could be wrong though.

You're in a band with two freshman girls, and you didn't turn up?!

Problems here:

1.You should have gone. Possible scoring opportunity is possible.
2. See point 1.
3. Your band has even phailed at beginning. Give up.

Seriously man, you didn't go because it would be awkward? life's too short to miss things because they're "awkward".

Just have a tiny amount a courage at least, and tell yourself and the two freshman girls (one of whom happens to be Chinese..why we needed to know that is unknown) to get your **** together.

Good luck.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
well i'll try to answer this thread since everybody keeps being unserios...
If there's one thing I have experience of it is failed bands, I myself is a pretty good guitar player and have a number of bands and attempts of bands behind me. Most of them not any great succes but my latest actually went pretty good but I moved away from that town which led to the unraveling of that band.

But in my opinion the most important thing for a band is that everyone at least can stand out with each other, after all it's about having fun and playing rock n' roll (music) together=)

Good ways to start that I recommend is really easy songs.
No i'n serious REALLY easy!!! like three note songs like Spain (swedish classic first or only song on any instrument song) or something like that and make sure that you get it down perfectly. Completely PERFECT rythmically and harmonically, then when you can do that try making that ol' booring song awesome. Add a solo, duplicate the riffs creating a completely new version of the song, your version!

Then start playing real songs but still keep it simple at first, like punk or something, simple straight beat then simple chord progressions and so on.
You asked for good songs for starters i'd recommend:
"Hit Me" - The Sounds
"Seven nation army" - White Stripes
"Holiday" - Green Day

Most important to make it work is that you develop a style that everyone in the band is comfortable with and they have fun while playing even though this might mean that you'll have to alter any songs you're playing very much.

Plus if you have that kind of motivation within the band that peolpe decide not to go to practise for no reason YOU ARE FAILING!
Quote by hippiecrack
dude, **** music..bang the chicks

Then you'd be fucking the music and the girls.
Quote by rorythefaggot
Why did we need to know that the guitarist is chinese? Will that affect the answers we give you?

she can play like herman ri. lulz./
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
alright i'm try guitaringsailor's advice and get some really easy ****. thanks by the way^

I dunno bout hittin on the freshman girls, I always feel kind of guilty, like i'm taking advantage of 'em or something.
Page 1 of 2