I got dragged to my aunts house for the weekend, lord knows I just LOVE it here, anyways, I brought my guitar along to keep me busy. Well my mom decides to start cleaning the house and asked me to pass her a cup sitting on the table and put it on the plate shes holding because she isnt using both her damn hands. I put it on the plate and lo and behold, she spills it on my guitar. It wasnt too much, but about 5 drops got into the pickups. Will it be ok or do I have to pull them out, if so, how?
Take the pickups out and clean them just incase, its a piece of cake. Unscrew the four screws in each corner of the ring mount that holds your pickup, loosen or take your strings off so that you can take the pickup out (DONT PULL IT OUT, there's a wire from the pickup to the electrics cabinet, you dont want to break that). Then just run a dry cloth thoroughly over and under it, place it back in position et voila.
If it's just a few drops. Just wipe it down or leave it overnight. It'll be fine

EDIT - i doubt you'll need to take the pickups out of the body.
Last edited by thellamaking at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by thellamaking
If it's just a few drops. Just wipe it down or leave it overnight. It'll be fine

well, I wiped down the body and fretboard with a rag, but it left a bunch of scratch marks I cant seem to get rid of, wtf