This is the first full original song that I've worked on. It's kind of funky blues rockish. I couldn't think of a name, so I named it Bloop, which is just a sound I use sometimes. I worked on it pretty hard for most of the day. As I listen to the solo, I really like the first half, but I think the second half is definately lacking. And there's one mistake in the second half, but I liked the first part so much I decided to keep it. Anyway, please take a listen and tell me what you think.

C4C

mouses.dmusic.com or http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/lemonsquares42/

Edit: New name for the song, it's called Walkin'.
Last edited by lemonsquares42 at Oct 30, 2007,
I like it, it's got a good rhythm, but it doesn't sound like an instrumental song, really. This song would definitely benefit from some singing.
Quote by Luncbox1
I like it, it's got a good rhythm, but it doesn't sound like an instrumental song, really. This song would definitely benefit from some singing.

agreed. and some higher quality of recording (if possible). i like it a lot
hey lemonsquares42. Thats a cool track you got there. Definatley would be cool with some singing over it tho. Btw i dont think you should be worrying about quality of recording at this stage, its fine. May i ask what/who your influences are?
good job!
Graeme
Last edited by graeme.walsh at Oct 29, 2007,
Thanks mate. Hmm, influences... definately Eric Clapton, SRV, and Jimmy Page. I really like all of their music. I started getting into blues music maybe a year ago, and I love any blues I can get my hands on.
Last edited by lemonsquares42 at Oct 30, 2007,
This is great stuff. I love your intro and that bass line so cool
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

thats sounds really cool. its got like a garage rock/dance thing going on.
also, those drums sound just like a sample i have in a midi sequencer, but there no way you did that midi unless your friggen amazing. dont tell me thats a real drummer? they sounded really nice. is it a loop? what did youdo?
Quote by chea_man
thats sounds really cool. its got like a garage rock/dance thing going on.
also, those drums sound just like a sample i have in a midi sequencer, but there no way you did that midi unless your friggen amazing. dont tell me thats a real drummer? they sounded really nice. is it a loop? what did youdo?

Well, the drums are from Band in a Box. It's got the version with the Real Drums, so I set it to play a rock type beat. I don't have a bass, but I definately wanted some in there so I added all the chords to play over, and set it to only play bass and drums. Then I just recorded all the guitar bits with Audacity. I had to try my best to sync everything up, but it gets obnoxious sometimes. I'm going to try to clean up everything a little bit this weekend, and try to clean up the solos. And perhaps get better tone on the second half of the whole song. I'm just using a pretty cheap setup hooked straight up to my sound card, so the quality isn't fantastic or anything. But it's okay for now when I'm just messing around with things.

My grandfather visited me yesterday and thought the name, Walkin' , for the title. He was going to try to get some lyrics to me and I can add his singing in. I'm looking forward to getting some lyrics in it. I'm proud of it, mostly because I'm not used to actually making songs. I usually just improvise over blues backing tracks.
I don't know if you know who Something For Rockets are (and if you don't, you should check them out) but vocals like Rami Perlman's would be awesome on this track.. but that's just a random thought I had while listening.. I really like it man, nice groove.. You have the same problem I have though - no vocals. Oh well, still awesome pretty sweet guitar riff at 2:00, could use some polishing like you said, but still cool. You'll really have a sweet tune once you are able to get some vocals on there..

Also, thanks for the crit & glad you liked mine.. I'd like to hear more of your stuff so let me know whenever you get some new stuff recorded, later man.
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
Dude nice track!

It was built really well and I believe I heard some keyboards in there, which was awesome. I loved the little harmonics you did, they sorta mixed up the song. Overall I think that this is a great jam track but idk, I feel like it needs a lead part or some vox. The solo was neat, some good bends in there and your soloing style was sorta Page-esque, nice playing ^_^

9/10, just add some lyrics or a lead and you'll be good to go!

MKylman - FoF
The song is awesome. Funky ****! Good work.
Hit me with the MP3 and I'll put some vocals on it