Sooo.. Has anyone here thought about how they're going to raise their kids?

Page 1 of 4
I sometimes do. I'd always assumed the thought of it would be really daunting, but I'm actually really comforted by it.
I'd always thought I wanted a BOY, but I think a girl would be kewl, too. Actually I'd probably want one of each. 2 seens like a pretty good number, it's financially ideal and they'll have a sibling to befriend/destroy. For girls, I like Róisín (Irish, that) or Chloé. I'm terrible at guy's names, I'd probably rely on the missus to pick that one.
Essentially, I don't really know how I'd act when faced with a child to raise. I guess I'd try and be strict when needed, because there's nothing I hate to see more than disobedient 5-year old cunts pushing their idle parents around because they never gave them any discipline. Though on the other hand, I'd try and be rewarding and encourage them in anything they try.
Or then again, I might just fuck up and have the social services on my ass. I have a hard enough time maintaining my own lazy life, yet alone having another lovable little bastard to take care of.

So yeah. Have you guys given any thought to this at all?
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
i have given it some thought. mostly, i just want to be a great parent and let my kids do alot of stuff but still stay strict when i need to be.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
"This here is a doobie. We smoke this **** up. Now this here is a guitar. After smoking the doobie, we rock the guitar."

'Nuff said.
Spiral Out
I'm 16, so I've got time to think, but I've had a few thoughts.

I dunno. I'd probably have 2 kids, with a reasonable age difference. I dunno about boy or girl...
I'd spend more time with my kids, and I'd try to see what they're interested in. I'd also try to avoid the annoying sarcastic comments my dad makes towards me.

No, my dad is great. But when he's in a bad mood, he needs to complain about something. And that something is usually me.
I'm gonna make my kid live in the bath and see if i can convinve him/her that he/she is a fish.
"IGGY YOU GET YOUR ASS IN HERE AND KICK ASS!"

iggy: awww dad do I have to??

"NO, BUT IF YOU DON'T YOU'RE GROUNDED!"

thats right... I'll order my kids to kick ass... and his name will be iggy... haven't thought of a girls name... phillis sounds good
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
i always despised little kids, specially 5 year olds who start screaming for no reasons

but still i wanna have kids, well i wanna have a little dude who i can teach how to shred, teach him the great ways of hendrix, page, rhoades, and if he is into rap or hip hop and not the real deal, then im gonna get him to date my trusty pocket knife

but seriously sometimes just thinking about kids just gives me goosebumps, but its a long way from now, im only 15 and i dont plan to have a kid till im 25...
I don't think I want kids.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I think you'll find 0 is "financialy ideal"
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
ill raise them like i was raised. with a strict hand. and teach them "never talk back"... or they get the belt!!!
"Blackbird fly away"
Quote by GreenDayChris
I would totally destory them

no! you musn't destory them! kids love stories!
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
oh my god, after reading the title I thought my girlfriend had registered on UG and made a thread...

and your nick is 'rory the faggot'.. you do know men can't get pregnant, right?

but yea, 2 kids sound fun to me, a girl and a boy, I think I'd be very protective of my daughter, I can't stand the thought of some moronic boy coming near her already haha
NEW! Never before seen on UG!
<< This sig space is for hire! >>
Call now and get a 10% discount!
First callers also get a plastic fork*!

*While supplies last.
ill give my kids a pocketfull of dreams and box of beans and send them in to the world
I'm clueless on what to do if I ever have kids.

I like to consider myself well-raised. My parents aren't very strict and they allow almost "anything". The thing is I'm a very reasonable person, even when I was a kid. I knew some things were "bad" or that I couldn't ask for everything I wanted.

When you hear about children getting angry with their parents because they're not allowed to do this or that (and thus the parents being too strict) or the kids being raised too careless, I can never really relate to that, because I "always" knew my limits, my parents didn't have to force them on me, thus I never was turned against them.

I'm not sure how I can raise my kids to have this mentally. If I let them completly free, they might not learn morals the way I did, but being too severe won't work either. I want them to understand things, like me.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Quote by Kailoq
I'm clueless on what to do if I ever have kids.

I like to consider myself well-raised. My parents aren't very strict and they allow almost "anything". The thing is I'm a very reasonable person, even when I was a kid. I knew some things were "bad" or that I couldn't ask for everything I wanted.

When you hear about children getting angry with their parents because they're not allowed to do this or that (and thus the parents being too strict) or the kids being raised too careless, I can never really relate to that, because I "always" knew my limits, my parents didn't have to force them on me, thus I never was turned against them.

I'm not sure how I can raise my kids to have this mentally. If I let them completly free, they might not learn morals the way I did, but being too severe won't work either. I want them to understand things, like me.

I'm like that too!

My parents trust me, which I think is good. I can just randomly say "Mum, I'm going out, I'll be back after midnight" and she'll be sure I'm not getting hammered on cheap Tequila.

That's a good relationship, in my opinion. Either that, or lovingly getting hammered on cheap Tequila with your dad, the Best Dad in the World™.

Quote by SealCubMassacre
I'm going to raise them with yeast for a couple of hours at 230 degrees for my lunch tomorrow night.

I lol'd. Literally.
If I ever were to have any... I'd hope at least one was a boy, and name him Heimdal (google it), but I'm sure the mother in question would pass veto on that. Too bad. I wouldn't openly shield my children from anything (as in, no you can't watch this because I told you so), though I'd try to keep them away from some things without them knowing. Being able to keep things hidden is an ability they need to develop themselves! Then I'd try my best to get them interested in playing instruments. Guitar, piano, drums and anything else.
I'm a communist. Really.
Don't know if I'll have kids. But if I do I'd make sure they smoke dope as I do, that they dont get into rap, and if they did something wrong I'd cut their finger nails way too short. Thus them not making stupid decisions... EVER!
"...And the guy thats on the ground, that needs some help, you dont walk up and kick him. If you do that you better be wearing shoes for a while. 'Cause you know what? Trade places with him.. he'll pick you up." Stevie Ray Vaughan
I only want one kid.. preferably a boy. I know I'd be ridiculously over-protective of a girl (I know what guys are like) and she'd end up hating me.

A boy would be cool though. Can teach him code. And guitar. Hehe.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by pfa
I'm gonna make my kid live in the bath and see if i can convinve him/her that he/she is a fish.

with many electric shocks.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I'm gonna trust my kids to make the right choices. That's wat my parents did, and i turned out pretty ok...
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
I dont wanna have kids, to see what my mom had to do to keep up with me makes me unsure of my responsibilities (note, me and my mom have a great friendship now and she's very important to me) and I honestly dont think that I will be responsible enough since I wanna have as much fun as I can in life, and I think that a kid will get in the way, and why would I have one if its not gonna be welcome? I dont want to end up like my friend's parents...
Quote by Ragnorak6000
ill give my kids a pocketfull of dreams and box of beans and send them in to the world

Well, thats not very good. How will they get jobs and function as a members of society?

?
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by pfa

Where in Lancashire are you from?
Quote by charvel_man
I'm gonna raise my kids over my head and throw them into a river.

Don't forget to bind their hands and feet.
Eh, I was raised pretty good, save for a few good beatings with a belt and metal objects, but aside from that, I turned out ok. Hell, i get to drink with my parents and family every now and again. One thing I'd changer though is letting them make their own choices in terms of ideals. I was forced into certain ideals while never being exposed to others, mostly on the religious side. Kinda strained our child-parent relationship later on. So i'd change that and teach my kids that there are other things out there than what the status quo tells you and you have to find what works for you while still respecting everybody else's choice.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I'm Forcing Guitar and surfing upon my kids ....they WILL live out my dreams as i have not.....and the WILL appriciated being forced to play guitar when they are the next jeff loomis
Quote by mulletman500
I don't want kids, but I'm planning to corrupt as many of my friends' kids as possible.

You speak wise.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
i'm not sure, i have occasionally thought of it. If i have a boy, i'd call him Thurston (after Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth) and i'm not sure about a girls name if i had one. To be honest, i wouldn't know how to look after them, but hopefully enough so they don't end up smoking pot when they're 14
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Page 1 of 4