So, I pretty much just want to make demos of my band's songs using my home "workstation," to show other people for feedback and to guide us in the studio. I'm not looking to make super high-quality recordings at the moment - we're going to a studio for that.

I write the drum parts in Guitar Pro, export the midi file into ACID, play it with the included DSL soft synth, and save it as an MP3. Then I re-open the MP3 file, paint it into a single track on ACID, and there's my drum part.

Now I want to record guitar parts. I have a TASCAM US-122 Audio/MIDI interface. I was able to use it with my crap copy of Cubase LE, but it was all bugged up and didn't work for me.

I installed all the drivers for the interface, but when I go into ACID and try to find it so I can take in audio from it, it doesn't show up in the list of possibilities. All I get is "Microsoft Sound Mapper" as a possible "In."

Could someone tell me how to set it up so I can record guitar/bass/vocal parts straight into ACID using this interface?

Yes, I'm aware it's primarily for loop programming, but I'm positive you can record real audio too.
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame...
Incinerate!
Try the sound engineers group (it's something like that)

They should be able to help you out.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Is that a group here on UG or some other message board? How do I get in contact with them?
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame...
Incinerate!