http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400NT-Electric-Guitar-?sku=516685

I was thinking about getting this, a jackson RR5, or...another that I don't know of yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular guitar? It sounds pretty nice to me

I play between the buried and me, protest the hero, THA, old 'tallica....basically metalcore, thrash, and death metal
And I'm beginning to play some blues/jazz fusion stuff too

So, does that guitar sound like it could do all that? Or if there's another that's better, let me know

Thanks in advance everybody,
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
i love the jackson.
tis a beauty.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Im also thinking about that, but the body is Agathis. which is a crappy wood. so look for something else./ some others in the same series are made of Basswood, which isnt the best, but its much better than Agathis.
Quote by redneck516
i love the jackson.
tis a beauty.

yeah it is.

I just dunno if I wanna spend $1300 on it...If i do end up deciding to get it, I'm gonna have to work until sometime next year to afford it...haha
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
The -400 isn't agathis, dude.

Do you not want a Floyd? I can understand if you don't, but I think they're nice to have, especially for metal...
you can get a pretty decent gibson sg for around that price range. as far as i know their almost as good all around as an LP. that guitar seems to be more for rock and metal and probably wouldn't be very good for someone that plays multiple genres like you.
Quote by Danno13
The -400 isn't agathis, dude.

Do you not want a Floyd? I can understand if you don't, but I think they're nice to have, especially for metal...

yeah I was just about to correct him on that..ha

Nah, I'm not a big fan of trems....dunno why
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I think you should get the RR5, since its a one piece, it will have a great time with talkin abuse from tuning up or down.

The LTD does look good, though I still think the RR5 wins.

Good Luck!
Quote by DreamFactory
I think you should get the RR5, since its a one piece, it will have a great time with talkin abuse from tuning up or down.

The LTD does look good, though I still think the RR5 wins.

Good Luck!

Yeah, the RR5 is great playing and looking,
That's also something I was looking for, something that can still sound pretty good even when detuned

The only thing I don't like about it is the price...What really makes it worth $1300? A schecter classic has real duncan's and's only like $700 or so..
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus