Page 1 of 4
Do you support what he did/believed?

I ask cause my friend who is mexican thinks Che was a great man who wanted all the hispanic peoples to unite or something and he wears the shirts and copies his facial hair but really doesnt know anything about him.
I on the other hand think the man was a tyrannical(sp?) monster who got what he deserved.

So UG, whos side are you on?
It really doesn't matter to me. He was doing what he believed in and wasn't wrong or right about it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I think he'd like having his face plastered on mass produced t-shirts. He is a sell out, clearly.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I think he would roll over in his grave if he knew that capitalists were making lots of dough putting his face on mass-produced t-shirts.

edit: damn, beaten to it
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
lol is he dat dude on da shirts
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I'm not too informed on him, but if he stopped the Batista regime, then he's not bad. After he did that, it was Castro that eventually took away a whole bunch of human rights, not Che.

The shirt looks cool, though. I'll give him that.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Quote by rorythefaggot
Get the fuck out.

I agree to the max. You hear me? TO THE MAX.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Anyways do you guys really think he was a ruthless heartless executioner who didnt give a &$#* about human rights?
Wasnt he responsible for the death of a bunch of innocent people?
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Wasnt he responsible for the death of a bunch of innocent people?

You could say the same about any leader thats gone to war.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I win

Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Didn't he order the execution of homosexuals? or am I confused with someone else?
^I don't think so. He wasn't nice to them and thought they should be sent to labour camps but his views are not all that dissimilar to many other people of a similar period. Gays were imprisoned in the UK at the same time he was espousing those views so it's not like he had exceptionally bad views. In that particular respect he was a product of that era.

Not the nicest guy ever but his aims were alright. Trying to free people, prevent exploitation of Latin America by the West, end inequality etc. Was a bit too totalitarian.

But he isn't necessarily idolised for those reasons, more as a symbol of revolution, fighting for equality against an oppressive and exploitative system.
Quote by Meths
Not the nicest guy ever but his aims were alright. Trying to free people, prevent exploitation of Latin America by the West, end inequality etc. Was a bit too totalitarian.

But he isn't necessarily idolised for those reasons, more as a symbol of revolution, fighting for equality against an oppressive and exploitative system.
+1 I've actually got a Che shirt, but i bought it in the Museum of Revolution in Havana...
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Last edited by Grönis at Oct 28, 2007,
I bet he's glad that he spent his life actively fighting against evils produced by capitalism so that he could be mass produced on T-shirts sold by the Gap.

And when they did finally capture him, he was kind of a bitch about it and cried and begged on his knees. Other than that, cool guy.
"Some of these lyrics are pure black metal nonsense."
hahahaha, thats a great shirt.
Makes me more happy to know I made my own Che shirt instead of going out to buy it.
Same goes for my EZLN sweater. : )
I believe in what he stood for. Just reading the Motorcycle diaries gives a small glimpse into what conditions were like and his reasons for joining in the 26th of july movement thing. he stood up for what he thought was right, anyone that does that is alright in my book.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I win

My friend has a Che shirt that says "I have no idea who this is" underneath his picture.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Gottlos
And when they did finally capture him, he was kind of a bitch about it and cried and begged on his knees. Other than that, cool guy.

...No he wasn't.

Che Guevara had some last words before his death; he allegedly said to his executioner, "I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man".

His apparent last words. He was famously quite a brave guy.
Quote by Meths
...No he wasn't.

Che Guevara had some last words before his death; he allegedly said to his executioner, "I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man".

From what I've read about him I'd say that sounds about right.

Now, I haven't done any research on him in quite some time, am I correct in remembering that he was quasi-exploited by Castro, in that basically Guevara did his dirty work for him? And wasn't that what got him killed? If I remember right Castro had sent him off into Central America to try and stir up revolutions, but he got caught by the CIA and was executed.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by musicianamedave

Now, I haven't done any research on him in quite some time, am I correct in remembering that he was quasi-exploited by Castro, in that basically Guevara did his dirty work for him? And wasn't that what got him killed? If I remember right Castro had sent him off into Central America to try and stir up revolutions, but he got caught by the CIA and was executed.
I think he was quite willing to be the one to start a revolution.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by musicianamedave

Ché worked with Castro, I don't think he was exploited. They both fought in the Cuban Revolution. And now Ché's face adorns some government building in Havana.

Ché sat around in Cuba for a bit, then went to the Congo to try and organise a revolution, failed, then went to Bolivia where he was caught and murdered by the CIA. I'd call it an execution except it wasn't really. They tried to cover it up too, pretend he was killed in a firefight when they actually just shot him in his cell.

I think he went of his own accord. Castro didn't make him. I think he wanted him to stay and take up some position in the government. AFAIK they were quite close up until his death.
Yea, Castro didn't make him. Che just suddenly felt that his work in Cuba was done and he went, as Meths mentioned, onto the Congo and then Bolivia.

edit: Was he shot in his cell? hmm, i knew the firefight thing was a coverup but I just assumed they tried to gather information from him before they killed him.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by Meths
Ché worked with Castro, I don't think he was exploited. They both fought in the Cuban Revolution. And now Ché's face adorns some government building in Havana.

Ché sat around in Cuba for a bit, then went to the Congo to try and organise a revolution, failed, then went to Bolivia where he was caught and murdered by the CIA. I'd call it an execution except it wasn't really. They tried to cover it up too, pretend he was killed in a firefight when they actually just shot him in his cell.

I think he went of his own accord. Castro didn't make him. I think he wanted him to stay and take up some position in the government. AFAIK they were quite close up until his death.

Ah ok. I had thought I remembered reading something about him being exploited by someone or other a while back. I guess not. Thanks for the info.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Meths
...No he wasn't.

"Che Guevara had some last words before his death; he allegedly said to his executioner, "I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man". Another alleged comment was "Do you know Who I am? Do you know what I'm worth?"

during the skirmish as they approached Guevara, he allegedly shouted, "Do not shoot! I am Che Guevara and worth more to you alive than dead."

The idea that he never once begged for his life and gave the middle finger to his captors is a romantic one.
"Some of these lyrics are pure black metal nonsense."
^That's hardly crying, pleading or begging for his life now is it?

Quote by ezlntrooper
Yea, Castro didn't make him. Che just suddenly felt that his work in Cuba was done and he went, as Meths mentioned, onto the Congo and then Bolivia.

edit: Was he shot in his cell? hmm, i knew the firefight thing was a coverup but I just assumed they tried to gather information from him before they killed him.

Um, well he was shot in an abandoned schoolhouse. So no, he was just shot somewhere, not a cell. My mistake.

I'd be surprised if they didn't try to gather information. But they might have just decided it would be a good plan to kill him before there was a chance of an attempted rescue.
Some people claim that he was a tyrant and shot a kid because the kid asked for too much food.
Some people claim that he only wanted the best for the poor people and cared about the people.

I really don't know. Though kudos to him for leaving his country, family, and his university degree to fight for what he believed.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Some people claim that he was a tyrant and shot a kid because the kid asked for too much food.
Some people claim that he only wanted the best for the poor people and cared about the people.

I really don't know. Though kudos to him for leaving his country, family, and his university degree to fight for what he believed.

The kid thing was supposedly shooting a kid (but I think still a soldier) who stole some extra food. Not asked for extra.
Quote by Gottlos
I bet he's glad that he spent his life actively fighting against evils produced by capitalism so that he could be mass produced on T-shirts sold by the Gap.

Uh, actually his last words are reputedly "shoot coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Quote by Gottlos
"Che Guevara had some last words before his death; he allegedly said to his executioner, "I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man". Another alleged comment was "Do you know Who I am? Do you know what I'm worth?"

during the skirmish as they approached Guevara, he allegedly shouted, "Do not shoot! I am Che Guevara and worth more to you alive than dead."

The idea that he never once begged for his life and gave the middle finger to his captors is a romantic one.

How is that begging or crying?

Quote by Meths

He was made the head of the Cuban bank, and Castro wanted him to stay.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by ezlntrooper
hahahaha, thats a great shirt.
Makes me more happy to know I made my own Che shirt instead of going out to buy it.
Same goes for my EZLN sweater. : )
I believe in what he stood for. Just reading the Motorcycle diaries gives a small glimpse into what conditions were like and his reasons for joining in the 26th of july movement thing. he stood up for what he thought was right, anyone that does that is alright in my book.

So you're saying hitler is alright in your book?
that guy rules man. I love his ideas and i love the way he stoped the vietnam war ever happening
Quote by zombie_monster
So you're saying hitler is alright in your book?

Hitler was great. In a different sense.

He was great a leader, convincing millions of people and other nations to fight for what he thought was right, despite our opinions on his views now. What he did with this gift is not as great.

The same applies for Che.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by ezlntrooper
He stood up for what he thought was right, anyone that does that is alright in my book.

Surely that depends on what one's views are? Nobody is right just for doing what they really want to do.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Hitler was great. In a different sense.

He was great a leader, convincing millions of people and other nations to fight for what he thought was right, despite our opinions on his views now. What he did with this gift is not as great.

The same applies for Che.

You can't say that for sure.

There are no guarantees he actually believed his own message. For all we know he could have knowingly used the jews as a solution for all of Germany's problems even though he was well aware it was all lies.
Page 1 of 4