I bought a B-52 At 1x12 a few months ago, and I can safely say I'm enjoying this amp alot. There are still a few grips I have with this amp though that I think are caused by the stock B-52 speaker and the Sovtek 5881WXT's. Basically I want to get rid of the harsh highs on this amp that are present when the speaker clips and push it into a more ballsy warm british distortion with a good amount of gain with smooth highs. Tight bass clarity is a must for palm mutes. Also I really like the cleans on this amp so anything that would really change them for the worse I don't want, but I don't really care if it gives the clean channel an earlier break up because I can push alot of volume out of it without if breaking up now. I don't know what speaker or what kind of tube change would get me this kind of tone because I don't have that much exprience in this stuff so any help would be appreciated!
12 fret fury
Last edited by Punk Poser at Oct 29, 2007,
a speaker change might be nice. tube swaps to JJ/Tesla tubes should be okay, although i don't know bout their 5881s. as far as the speaker goes, contact ted weber and see what he thinks.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
emi governor or private jack. mix between one of those and the wizard would be cool too. if you want some quality tubes get a matched tested pair of the above mentioned. and youll be good to go.
Thanks for the replies!
12 fret fury
Last edited by Punk Poser at Oct 28, 2007,
celestion has some really good speakers with tight bass and clear highs.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Celestion-G12K100-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660268
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings