Hello all

I've made a ton of threads, and still not found a single new band that I really enjoy.

I turn on any music channel, and I just don't like anything there. There's an ok song every...month or so...but nothing which I can truly enjoy. No bands who make me want to buy their albums. Or even to continue listening.

I've noticed that a lot of today's bands in the rock category are all sad. They sing about broken hearts and stuff. My heart isn't broken. That's not what I want!

I want to find a band that's melodic, yet energetic, reasonably heavy and FUN! I don't want to cry alone in the dark.
I want something that rocks like a geologist's subject of study!

I like bands like
AC/DC, Blink 182, Sum 41, The Darkness, Ozzy Osbourne, Queen, Iron Maiden, KISS, Guns and Roses, Pink Floyd, Megadeth, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, The Who, Mark Knopfler, Bowling for Soup, Franz Ferdinand, Van Halen, Pantera and probably others which I can't remember right now (taken from my profile)

Can anyone recommend some contemporary bands that I might like?

Thanks a bucket to everyone

EDIT: some guitar skillz would be nice, but of course not obligatory
happy + fast + skillful + quite heavy = POWER METAL

dragonforce
firewind
rhapsody of fire
hammerfall

go now and claim your destiny!

edit: did you know you're exactly 1 year older than me by the way?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Last edited by jeowy at Oct 28, 2007,
Velvet Revolver, Dashboard Confessional, The Used, Funeral For A Friend, Taking Back Sunday, Lostprophets, Foo Fighters... my main reccomendations
Simon

You look just your mother...

You look just like your father...

Forgive him our father...

Your Son is smiling...
Quote by yourmumsanemo!
Velvet Revolver, Dashboard Confessional, The Used, Funeral For A Friend, Taking Back Sunday, Lostprophets, Foo Fighters... my main reccomendations

I was avoiding those.

its happy, energetic, heavy, fun, melodic, the guitarist is exellent, it doesnt show much but every once and a while (especially live) he'll bust out a face melting solo.

the first time i ever heard them was when amber came out, and i didnt think much of them. i eventually got into all there other albums and they are an incredibley diverse band.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by alyxmelia
may i recommend you listen to soundgarden..unless theyre on your rpofile of course

or zebrahead

reel big fish

new found glory

rage against the machine

the blackout

soundgarden is great, reel big fish is good if you like ska (i'd also recomend streetlight manifesto). you can listen to new found glory if your a 12 year old girl. rage normally would be my suggestion for anyone, but nots not exactly happy and melodic, its straight up anger, but its incredible.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Basically what I reccomend for any situation, because it works for any situation:

Incubus's early albums. Fun, Energetic, funky, you just can't go wrong.
Quote by Megalomaniac16
Basically what I reccomend for any situation, because it works for any situation:

Incubus's early albums. Fun, Energetic, funky, you just can't go wrong.

A band I forgot to list
Simon

Your Son is smiling...
Quote by sashki
I was avoiding those.

Ahhh crap!

Good luck then
Simon

Your Son is smiling...
Alter Bridges new album in my eyes is one of the best cds released in 10 yes go get it now
The most talented man on earth...