Right, so ive totally been in the market for a used JSX...but no place around me has one.
however its supposedly based off the classic 30 for cleans, and the XXX for crunch and whatnot. And i like the way those sound...
But im thinkin theres no way that i could go wrong getting these.
Ive thought about a jcm 2000 TSL, but the cleans arent that impressive....
SIGH

Help me please.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
JSX = win

But seriously, the JSX is one of the most versitale amps ever. When I play it at GC, I just play metal though, because it sounds soooo epic.
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
yeah jsx is really ace, but i find the cleans and other channels sounds a little nicer with reverb (doesn't come with the amp unless you get the combo). go for the jsx though.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
more opinions pls?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Ownly played the JCM 2000 for a bit, but it didn't impress me much compared to the JSX. The JSX is just more versatile and the clean channel owns the JCM.
I only played a JSX a few times at a guitar store but damn it was insanely good sounding (to me anyways). I really liked the cleans and the distortion channels were really good too. Even at low volumes it sounded awesome so that's probably one of the amps I'll be buying in the future, if not the only one.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Maybe a used Mesa Mark IV? I don't know how much the JSX is off hand, but I've seen Mark IV's go for as low as $1200.