Hi!

I got some questions about amplifying vocals...
We 'probably' found a vocalist today. We play metal, and tried some Amon Amarth with this guy. It could sound great, but the amp we had to use was too quiet, and there was damn much bass in the sound... and low quality... this amp is not for vocals only, it's also for guitar, keyboard, etc....
what should we get?

and then about growling... after a half song he said he got totally dizzy and his throat started to hurt.
Sb said, most metal bands use effects/vocoders for that screaming/growling sound... -> truth? I don't really think so...
How can I convince him to learn to scream the healthy way?

thx in advance, cheers!
He was probably trying too hard to compensate for the lack of a proper amp. If he can hear himself without straining then he wont strain and it wont hurt.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Deffinately get some sort of PA system, even if it's only cheap.

and i dont know how to convince him, however if he carries on the way he is his voice will soon be, for use of a better word, f*****
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Jokaaa

and then about growling... after a half song he said he got totally dizzy and his throat started to hurt.
Sb said, most metal bands use effects/vocoders for that screaming/growling sound... -> truth? I don't really think so...
How can I convince him to learn to scream the healthy way?

hes full of ****, he just does not have proper technique, tell him to get voice lessons
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
The pain in his throat comes from faulty technique, the dizzyness comes from that his lungs are too weak to push out that much air. Tell him to do some breathing exercises.
he was trying to hard, purely because he couldnt hear himself....if you get a louder amp/whatever, he can hear himself and wont get hurt
OK, thx...
I'll talk with them tomorrow...

What about the effects/vocoder thing? bs?
What do vocalists often use, what not? (reverb for example)

cheers!
Quote by Footzyrama
Deffinately get some sort of PA system, even if it's only cheap.

and i dont know how to convince him, however if he carries on the way he is his voice will soon be, for use of a better word, f*****

well if hes just doing low growls hell break his voice into sounding deeper, but itll hurt a lot

but anything higher than a low growl sounds like crap when kids do them wrong