http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG321MH

thinking about purchasing this guitar to swap out with EMGs later on, but was wondering....is that wooden or "vintage" finish bad?? is thwere any way i can coat it somehow??

just wanted to kno if that finish changed the guitar in any way?

* the store im purchasing from only has the wooden finish
Coat it in what?

Change the guitar from what?

It's fine.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If it was up to me I would take the plain oiled mahogany finish. I actually like it. But I can't form your opinion for you. Just do whatever you like, or get it professionally re-painted.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
im just concerned that if i get the wooden finihs then the guitar is gioing wear down much quicker :-(

how expensive is a new paint job, with a glossy finish
How would it wear down?

Are you going to be dragging the guitar up a mountain?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Dudage
If it was up to me I would take the plain oiled mahogany finish. I actually like it. But I can't form your opinion for you. Just do whatever you like, or get it professionally re-painted.

Once a guitar is oil finished, you can't just put paint on it.

With that being said, there's nothing wrong with oil finishes (if you look in my profile you can see I refinished my seven string from black to natural). In fact, some people even feel that the sound is better on an oil finished guitar than it is on one with a regular paint job, although I haven't noticed that much od a difference myself.

Quote by otniel01
im just concerned that if i get the wooden finihs then the guitar is gioing wear down much quicker :-(

how expensive is a new paint job, with a glossy finish

It's not going to wear down much quicker, trust me.

A regular paintjob will be a couple of hundred, but on an oil finished guitar, this isn;t possible.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
why would you want a guitar that linkin park uses?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian

Why does that even make any difference whatsoever?

People like different music, dumbass. Get over it.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by Phillitalian

Ibanez is one of the biggest guitar manufacturers in the world and the RG is their best selling model. This means that there's bound to be someone playing them that you don't like.

Also, given that Linkin Park is pretty damn well known, their guitarist probably uses a LACS model, as opposed to this one.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!