i know this has probably been asked before, but hell if i know how to go about finding it

ive got a spider II 212 unfortunately, im hoping to get an awesome amp head but i dont want to have to wait even longer just so i can afford a cab. besides which, theres a cab at school that ill be able to use when i need to

thanks in advance.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Well yeah, it's possible, but why don't you just buy a nice tube combo instead of a half stack?
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
yup. lots of people do it with the valve jr heads. just wire in a speaker jack to the back of your combo. but make sure the ohms is matched and the speakers can handle the wattage.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
You would have to wire it, and make sure the ohms match up, and make sure the speakers have a high enough wattage rating to withstand the wattage coming from the amp head. Really its kinda impracticle, and the speakers in the spider are **** anyway, so it would make your amp sound like balls. Why not get a combo if you aren't going to buy a cab?
mainly because it would be nice to be able to take just the head to school without having to worry about loads of heavy equipment to carry around. also because in the future ill be able to upgrade 1 section of my rig at a time instead of the whole lot, which is economic, and also, to a lesser extent, because its a STATUS SYMBOL to have a stack

if someone could direct me to a place where i could read up on the details of the wiring process, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
the tube head (it is tube isn't it?) will be pretty heavy to carry around anyway..

which head are you getting exactly?
what head you getting? The speakers in the Spider would ruin the tone. And why have a half stack just to impress people?
Quote by Mark-O1987666
what head you getting? The speakers in the Spider would ruin the tone. And why have a half stack just to impress people?
im not sure what head im getting yet, and i did use the phrase - "to a lesser extent" - its in fact the smallest reason.
Quote by mr.happyman
YEah I read that part after I poseted the reply lol, but yeah. I've got a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack, it's nothing special, but it can go loud, what I intend to do is get a better head for it when I need it (it's only solidstate), it only cost me 300£
Quote by Mark-O1987666
YEah I read that part after I poseted the reply lol, but yeah. I've got a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack, it's nothing special, but it can go loud, what I intend to do is get a better head for it when I need it (it's only solidstate), it only cost me 300£

That could have bought you a blues JR or a valveking combo.
Shame on you.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
bah.. you can't say you have a halfstack.. and THEN say you have an MG.

you basically bought an overinflated practice amp. sorry for my rudeness.. but thats just the way it is..