K this will hopefully will be my last post about a new bass i will get. I want the ESP
F-405 or the F-255(chances are it'll be the 405) but i cannot try them out so i am relying on reviews on the two. I know its great for metal (which i am looking for) but i also do progressive rock and bassically rock itself. I wnna know if these Bass's would be great for that sound or at least if the can at least make those sounds.
what amp you got?

A First Act 26w amp?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
a bass sound haha

idk
Happiness is like peeing your pants

everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth
yh dont pay before you play :P

but your amp is more important to your sound tho than your bass!!!

an ok bass through an amazing amp will sound great

an amazing bass through a **** amp is always gonna sound ****!!
Perfect bass for that music.
But it is best you find some way of trying them out
. . .

WOW SH*T

My Axe: WarwickThumb
I cannot try this bass because i live in a little town that does not have nice basses like this one....and i have not decided on an amp yet.
ESPs are actually VERY versitle! it's just the fact that the majority of the people who buy them play metal with them. kinda like how the jazz bass sounds pret good for metal but the majority of the people who play Fenders play something other than rock/metal.

i have the ESP B405(in mohogany) and the F is basicly the same bass w/ longer scale and different shape. with m ESP i can get the widest veriety of sounds that i have ever played in a bass. if you get this bass it is great for evry style of music. i play my ESP in jazz band and all the band directors love my tone and allways comment on how they like it. and in metal there is just nothing that beats it.

if you want a comparison it plays like the Ibanez SRX series 5 strings but is a little more comfterble to play. and the F will have more tension resulting in a tighter B string and a tighter all of your strings wich makes playing fast easyer!
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Thank you very much lol that is the answer i was looking for! Now i can saftley make my decision without making a mistake....like i said i would've tried it myself but i live in a town where i cannot play such a sexy bass....all the bass's i see around are ibanez's...they are good but i want an ESP. Well anyway thanx again!
yeah i had to buy all my ESPs without playing them first knowing that if i was not satisfied i could return it and buy something at guitarcenter or get something else if i really had a bad fealing about it.
when i got my B405 i was totally amazed at how much more i liked it than anything else in it's price range. i brought my ESP a few days later to guitarcenter and compared it to all the others in the store and i still play it today almost a year later!
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E