hey dudes,

ive got a boss gt8, its a guitar multi effects processor, and i was just wondering if i could run a bass guitar through it without damaging it?? i will be using a bass amp of course.... thanks people
i'm almost positive that it won't damage it, but the sounds will not sound the same, it will work, but theres a lot of stuff that sounds cool on guitar that will sound like crap on bass
No, it won't hurt the pedal.

1) Why do people keep asking if they can run a bass through a guitar pedal?
2) Why do people actually think a bass will hurt a pedal? How will the low frequencies damage circuitry? How does this make sense?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz

2) Why do people actually think a bass will hurt a pedal? How will the low frequencies damage circuitry? How does this make sense?

1) Because they don't know how to use a search bar and/or they can't figure it out on their own
2) They know a bass can damage a guitar amp, but they don't understand exactly why so they apply it to guitar pedals as well. Low frequencies cannot damage circuitry. It doesn't make sense.
I think it might implode to be honest
. . .

WOW SH*T

My Axe: WarwickThumb
Quote by thefitz

I feel your pain.
Quote by littlefoot
hey dudes,

ive got a boss gt8, its a guitar multi effects processor, and i was just wondering if i could run a bass guitar through it without damaging it?? i will be using a bass amp of course.... thanks people

no, will sound like **** though
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
It can definately be done. I run my bass through a Rocktron Zombie Rectifier Distortion and it sounds freakin' orgasmic.
It's like Cliff Burton and Chris Wolstenholme playing through their Big Muffs- it will suck the low end but it won't harm it one bit.
signature
You'll be fine. I was doing the same for a while before gettin a bass one. Just mess with the tones to make it better for your bass...sometimes a good guitar distortion can do wonders to your tone :-)