I tend to avoid distortion pedals with tube amps, since just using an OD to boost the tubes sounds better. And I use distortion pedals for SS amps since those don't have tubes to boost.

You COULD use them together, but it wouldn't sound very good I don't think. Unless the distortion pedal uses tubes, and it comes after the OD in the chain.
WTLTL 2011
I want to try a overdrive pedal then. I just got a Metal Muff...for distortion. but maybe a fullltone OCD will be my answer.
They make pedals with distortion and overdrive channels. So yes, you can use them together and make it sound quite good.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
I got my metal Muff yesterday, but have found its not as versatile as i thought. Evan though its called a metal muff, i thought it would have a more open range.
i use a ml-2 metal core (disctortion)and ibanez tubescreamer(overdrive) together
gives great boost for solos
but put the overdrive before the distortion to ge tthe boost
Last edited by berysLTD_h-50 at Oct 28, 2007,
Quote by Mark G
I tend to avoid distortion pedals with tube amps, since just using an OD to boost the tubes sounds better. And I use distortion pedals for SS amps since those don't have tubes to boost.

You COULD use them together, but it wouldn't sound very good I don't think. Unless the distortion pedal uses tubes, and it comes after the OD in the chain.

i use a distortion pedal through a clean all tube amp. gives the pedal all the warmth and hugeness and people just think its the amp making the sound.
I do this all the time
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots