I need to learn to drive quickly for a job. I haven't had any 'official' lessons, I'm good at gears and whatnot, but I don't really have any knowledge of road sense to go near a test. I also don't have the time to spend weeks/months trying to get in as many 1 hour lessons as possible. I heard of these things, humerously known as crash course driving lessons. You learn to drive and take your test within 7 days, great, if it works. Only downside is they are quite expensive.
Most seem to be around £800-£900 ($2000-$2500) and give various things, free theory test, resit test etc.
Basically I am wanting to know from drivers/learners if this is a good idea to do, cause my only concern is that if I did do the old fashioned lesson a week way, I could do maybe 20 lessons or less which would cost me about half as much.

Advice please.
Originally posted by Meths
You need serious amounts of therapy.

Quote by jagstang270
One should not try to masturbate while Dragoneforce is in the background
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
sucks to live in england. i had 2 lessons and then had to drive for 3 hours with someone and then i could take my test
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
I did a one month one. 20 hours, passed theory and practical first time.

Thing is, those crash courses don't work like you'd think. There's a three week waiting list at the minute for a theory test and the practical cannot be booked until you've passed and that's a further 4 weeks.

How they claim to get the tests in a week is beyond me, but I think they have you sit your theory, book your practical then do the intensive course in the week leading up to the practical.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Most people fail them if they aren't already fairly accomplised...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
the system in england seems impossible. in the US, we take the course at school.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by Rankles
I did a one month one. 20 hours, passed theory and practical first time.

Thing is, those crash courses don't work like you'd think. There's a three week waiting list at the minute for a theory test and the practical cannot be booked until you've passed and that's a further 4 weeks.

How they claim to get the tests in a week is beyond me, but I think they have you sit your theory, book your practical then do the intensive course in the week leading up to the practical.

Congrats, quite rare for a guy. Can I ask how much it cost, and even which company you went with? cause I am basically manchester too.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
sucks to live in england. i had 2 lessons and then had to drive for 3 hours with someone and then i could take my test

That's the thing, I figure I could pass with less lessons than in taking the intensive course. But I need to learn as quickly as possible for the job. If I get the job it won't matter about the extra cost cause I'll be able to afford it easily, if I don't get the job, I need to save money and also don't need to drive.

Quote by jagstang270
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
Why would you want to do a crash course? surely the objective is to avoid doing that...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX