Going to GuitarCenter next week and I have 300 bucks to spend. What type of Bass should I get? My amp is fine but I really want a new Bass. I was thinking the Traben Array but I do not know. What do you guys think?
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
I think you should save up a bit more than $300 to be honest.

Get something good.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
what bass do you have currently, because if you have a starter bass, getting a bass worth 300 isn't going to be a Huge step up from the starter bass, unless you have a total crap 100 dollar starter or something, i would wait until you've saved up 5-600 then you have a much larger selection of great basses to choose from
Yeah, I'd wait until you have at least double that if you are looking for a new bass or amp. Maybe even more.

In my opinion, after a starter bass, there is little reason to go through several mid range basses. Stick with your current bass, get more like $1000 and then pick a bass for life.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Yeah, I'd wait until you have at least double that if you are looking for a new bass or amp. Maybe even more.

In my opinion, after a starter bass, there is little reason to go through several mid range basses. Stick with your current bass, get more like $1000 and then pick a bass for life.

+100! The mid-range bass market is a scam. There are awesome starter basses out there that will easily last you until you're either a rockstar or until you're a full-time white collar guy who can afford a serious amount of cash for a hobby or part-time occupation. Compromising, mid-range basses aren't worth the cash.

I played a mid-range Warwick, now I'm playing a Squier, as a gigging musician. I'm as happy with the latter as I am with the former, and I'm a thefitz-esque character who will only settle for bloody good tone and playability (assumptions ahoy, but I'm going on the impression I get from his posts here). Do the math.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by watchingmefall
5 more dollars for anarkee.

And I agree with Jack.

i forget the deal y do you give yourself $5 every time what happens?

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Narcotics
i forget the deal y do you give yourself $5 every time what happens?

When someone asks "What kind of Bass should I buy..."

There was 95 USD in the fund on Friday...lol
Quote by anarkee
When someone asks "What kind of Bass should I buy..."

There was 95 USD in the fund on Friday...lol

You should also include a $10 "donation", everytime a pick vs fingers thread appears.
Quote by watchingmefall
5 more dollars for anarkee.

I only came in here to say that
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.