Hey everyone, i'm looking into the Agile AL-3000's and higher, over at rondomusic.com

A lot of them are $400-500, which is in my range for a new electric. In my looking, i've found a few different models that seem pretty good.

- Agile AL-3000 / $370 http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000tribalblue.html
- Agile AL-3100 / $370 http://www.rondomusic.com/product1005.html
- Agile AL-3000 Maple Cap / $400 http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000mapcsb.html
- Agile AL-3000 Maple Cap EMG / $500 http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000mapcsbemg.html

Which one should I go for? For $50 more, should I just go for the EMGs?
there is an agile on there.. with a floyd rose on it.. black with gold hardware i believe.. i think that would be a nice guitar.. then if u dont like the sound.. spend another 100 bucks to get EMG's.. if u only want guitars from that list.. get the Agile AL-3000 Maple Cap EMG
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Does anyone have any clips of the EMG 81/85 doing some classic rock? I'll probably be using it for a lot of metal, instrumental sounding rock (think Satch/Petrucci), and some classic rock.
I think EMG's would kill Classic Rock. Well the 81/85 set. Maybe the 3100 with a pup change. EMG's wouldn't be a good idea in my view.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
i wish agile were sold over here, or a company like them. that is so ridiculously cheap for specs like that
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
What pickups would you recommend? Something heavy enough to get a nice chug, and for full single-note playing.
slow down there. why decide on new pups before you've heard the stocks? they could surprise you
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Alright I may just get a stock 3000 Maple Cap. I mean I can get by on my GSA's stock pickups, i'm sure i'll last on the Agile pups.
I like the stocks, but I'm doubting very much that they can pull off much if any metal. I'm not a big Metal player so someone will have to help you with the pups.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
ah i missed that 2nd comment of his. yeah alnico Vs arent going to be great for metal evo bridge breed neck very versatile
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I was thinking breed neck and maybe a super distortion or mo' joe in the bridge.
sounds good to me
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Better then both overall in my view. They are amazing for the price. You can't go wrong.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
a lot more suited to classic rock and blues and the like. alnico magnets aren;t generally used for metal although you could get a nice hard rock sound and maybe some metal like guns n roses/slash

for more modern metal you generally want ceramic magnets. I think if it's mainly metal then the emg's may be the way to go, they arent that bad for classic rock
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
What kind of frets do they have? Can I get a nice low action? The lower the better.
Quote by TJM2482
The lower the better.

Nah.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Storm_Bringer_
i wish agile were sold over here, or a company like them. that is so ridiculously cheap for specs like that
I live over here too, I have one.
These go to eleven...
Quote by TJM2482
For me it is. It's a lot more comfortable IMO.
It probably won't go as low as your Ibanez.
These go to eleven...
actually dude i looked up the specs of those pickups and some of them are hotter than extra lead L-500 by bill lawrence