ok so....i want to get new pickups, but not a whole new guitar. problem is, i honestly dont no if u can get new pickups. i looked down my pickup sorta hole then there was wires attached to the pickups. do i need to no ne thing about changing pickups?
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll

Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
right, soldering is required. Indefinatly.

I wouldn't recomend doing it without any experience but here goes anyway.

First of get a wiring diagram for what pickups you have and what pickups you want.
Depending on your guitar, open up where your knobs, pickup switch etc is, (on a strat, take the pickguard off, on a lespaul its on the back)
then determine which wires go to your current pickups, this isn't hard, but make a note on where they came from just in case.
Then, when you get your new pickups, they should come with a wiring diagram, if not, i advise looking on the seymour duncan website.
Solder the wires where they should go, and if all is done correctly, they should work
and thats all there is too it.
yea. All u would need is a screwdriver, a slodering iron, solder, stuff to take the current solder off (idk the name), some extra wire maybe, and the pickups (of course). so apart from the pickups, its a somewhat cheap job. just make sure u kno how to solder.
Quote by gigson111
ok so....i want to get new pickups, but not a whole new guitar. problem is, i honestly dont no if u can get new pickups. i looked down my pickup sorta hole then there was wires attached to the pickups. do i need to no ne thing about changing pickups?

Well, one thing you need to know is that changing your pickups doesn't change your tone THAT much - especially if you have a mediocre or sub-par amp.
An amp has a way bigger effect on your tone. I'd wait until you upgrade your amp.