so i wired my seymour duncan invader with a coil split, when i have it in SC mode, the volume goes down like 75% is this normal???? if not does anybody know how to fix it
??
music=life
everything else is just details
i dont think the volume should go down like that. But singles do have less output. Try to resolder the wires.
It's quite usual for single coils (and split humbuckers) to be quieter than full humbuckers. It's that simple really: humbuckers are naturally louder than single coils (one of the main reasons why they're used in metal so much). If you split a humbucker to act as a single coil, then you should expect some drop in volume too.
It's quite usual for single coils (and split humbuckers) to be quieter than full humbuckers. It's that simple really: humbuckers are naturally louder than single coils (one of the main reasons why they're used in metal so much). If you split a humbucker to act as a single coil, then you should expect some drop in volume too.

ya i understand that, but it just surpised me how much of a volume drop... i had my amp volume on full in SC and it still wasnt as loud as HB on a quarter of the volume
music=life
Woah it shouldn't frop that much... try checking your wirees to see if you missed something..
well all u need is to ut a swich disconnecting/connecing the red and white wires right??? or di i do that wrong???
music=life
k thanks.... but wut does it do when you disconect the red and white wire then, cuz it sounds wayyy different...... like not only wolume-wise but tone-wise, its almost like nasally, and really trebly, but if i turn down the treble and turn up the bass on my amp( and turn up the volume a lot) it actually gives a really nice clean sound
music=life
ya my switch is between the red and white wire
music=life
i had that same prob. you need to keep the red and white together, solder it to your switch, and then solder a ground to another lug on your switch