could i run a tuner (it has input and output) through my effects loop? would there be any disadvantages?
thanks!
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
as long as its true bypass when its off, then why couldn't you. I've done it before and had no problems. ran boss pedal tuner, thru DS-1, thru compression/sustain and had no problems with the setup

should be a good to go thing
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
exactly why i want to do it
minimizes setup .
all i would need is a couple 1 ft cables and the tuner could sit right on the amp
edit: its not true bypass
its this tuner: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sabine-STX1100-Chromatic-AutoTuner?sku=211023
i want to get it cause avery review said it lasts forever and has solid tuningn
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
idk tho. id rather not have it in an FX loop, b/c idk if it would work right. but i guess it would. so try it.
is ther any reason it wouldnt work right?
Quote by beeboshain
It doesn't care what it sounds like, all it reads is the note. And the note comming from the preamp is the same note as comming from the guitar, obviously. Should work fine.
These go to eleven...
I run my tuner out of the headphone out of a line mixer. Not in the signal path at all.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

do you have any stereo pedals (like a delay or chorus)?- you could use the unused stereo out for your tuner
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
no stereo pedals
Quote by beeboshain
if i were you, i would put it between the guitar and the amp, not in the effects loop, i think you'd probably get a more accurate tuning that way, I'm not sure though.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
I have a whammy, can I chuck my tuner in from the Dry Out? (I would find out for myself but i havnt got it at the moment)
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.