Anyone know a good tube amp for classic rock, rock, and metal. One that doesn't crackle and pop when using OD My budget is $500 MAX. I be asking for this amp along with an Ibanez RG3EXQM1.
Crate Palomino V32 with an OD pedal of ur choice. Or a Peavey Classic 30. or maybe a Laney VC30 or LC30.
Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 combo for blues/classic rock. Would be stretching it a bit for modern metal, although some metal players like it just fine. $429. If you don't need that much power you might get a Peavey Classic 30 used. If you just need a good practice amp a Crate Palomino 5watt 110 tube combo would work fine. All these amps need a push from a pedal for metal.
I currently have a digitech Rp350 multi-effects pedal. Would that be good enough?
It would work but later you may want to get away from multis and go to analog stomp boxes.
I think the ValveKings kick ass. Or wait, and try out the new Crate V-series, all-tube amps, due out this month. The V18-112 is their 18-Watt, Class-A, 1x12 at $399.99 USD. The V50-112 is their 50-Watt, 1x12 at $449.99 USD. Wait, try 'em both, and see which one sounds better to you.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Oct 28, 2007,
Vox AD100VT. it is.. purely amazing.
it will literally do ANYTHING and it loves to be turned up.
crap load of built in effects. awesome.
$579 at Guitar Center.
Peavey classic FTW!
It needs a push from a pedal to get harder metal (but with high output humbuckers, you can get metallica stuff with just the stock distortion).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Classic 30 or palomino V32. please i wish people would use the search button...or someoen make a sticky or something
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!