Has anyone here played their Deliverance series?

What I know about it:
-Single channel
-Supposedly versatile
-Around $1500 for the head
-No slider type EQ section
-no FX loop (I can just get a line-out box later...)
-Unearth uses them (I like their tone)
-VHT's are known for their tightness

Any amps that this can be compared to? Would you recommend it?
All suggestions appreciated.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
to dry for me, and without the fx loop being unable to add 'verb or delay for a little wetness, id pass. go for one with an fx loop.
Agreed. Very Dry and focused. As with all VHT amps.

It will sound good, but it doesnt get real creamy and saturated like other brands in that price range.

If you want dry and focused, VHT all the way.

Look at a Bogner Uberschall, or an Engl Powerball.
I dunno about versatility but they have more crunch than most amps I've played
So no good for "liquidy" gain?

Anything other suggestions under $1500 please?

EDIT: would a Mark III be better (please no jumping in the Mesa bandwagon)?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Oct 28, 2007,
Mesa Mark IV. My all-time favorite amp. The Deliverance is very dry, like they said, and it's got a lot of low end. When I was in the amp room my buddy described it as a Recto without the mud. I disagreed because it was just too dry for me. It really isn't the kind of gain I like. He also had an ENGL Fireball, and that was pretty sweet, too.
But can they do modern metal? I mean, LOG isn't my idea of modern metal tone. I want something with more gain.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Look at Diamond amplification, Bogner Ubershall, Mark lV/lll, Diezels, Framus, ENGL
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Even the Screamer? I couldn't find alot of their modern metal tones.

EDIT:
Quote by jerm__
Look at Diamond amplification, Bogner Ubershall, Mark lV/lll, Diezels, Framus, ENGL

Those are a little outta my price range.

Except maybe the ENGL Fireball, Screamer and Thunder.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
See if you can't get your hands on a Fireball to try. My friend has a Screamer (I think, it's either a Screamer or a Thunder Reverb, pretty sure it's a Screamer; I don't remember). He plays pretty hard metal, but the Fireball is the only one I've heard in real life. And man, what an amp
Apparently the Thunder isn't great. The Fireball is supposed to be a step up from the Screamer also. The Fireball looks like a promising amp. You could find some Mark lV's/lll's on ebay for fairly low.

Have you considered the Peavey 6505/5150, i think you have one though haha?
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
Aw sh!t, the only ENGL dealer I know in FL (rocksoildamps) is down south, and I just came back to Orlando .

Thanks guys, will definately look for those amps.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Bump.

I've heard all the Fireball could do is cleans and br00tal. But what about (Petrucci-like) leads?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Nov 1, 2007,
the one i tried was nice...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by aznrockerdude
Has anyone here played their Deliverance series?

What I know about it:
-Single channel
-Supposedly versatile
-Around $1500 for the head
-No slider type EQ section
-no FX loop (I can just get a line-out box later...)
-Unearth uses them (I like their tone)
-VHT's are known for their tightness

Any amps that this can be compared to? Would you recommend it?
All suggestions appreciated.

It's a very straight forward awesome amp, Unearth used them on their new album and so did August Burns Red. The 60 watt version is 1500, the 120 watt is almost 2k. other than that you can check out the vht website. it's pretty much the sexiest amp ever.
I'm interested by this amp. if I had $1500 to blow on an amp that wouldn't be my main head I would try it. I like the dynamics of it. the single channel offers a ton of tonal versatility that I didn't expect.

I wouldn't get it as a main amp. if you love the tone, grab a Pitbull. the 60 watt version is only another $500. or grab a used one off eBay. but the lack of effects loop hurts it more than anything, at least to me.

they say it's pedal friendly. I saw a video with someone using a tube screamer, and it definetely sounded nice.

personally, I'm gunning for a Bogner Uberschall. hopefully I'll be in range next week.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Heh. I forgot about the cabinet, but thanks anyway TheShred.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420