Page 1 of 6
Anyone have experience with them?
Theres a group of freshman at my high school that wear punk band shirts and basically go for the softcore version of the 'punk stereotype', and after talking to a few of em i realized their really in it for the look and dont care quite as much for the music. I dont let it bother me, but its lame.
so how bout you guys?
Let's kill 'em

I don't have an opinion; I don't dress, look, or act punx. I just play it and listen.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
yeah man im in the process of selling all my records so i can buy a leather jacket. then im gonna sell all my cds for studs for it, then im gonna sell my 7's for hair gel. and im gonna stop playing guitar coz that aint punk. so i guess im a poser /sarcasm
*edit* seriously though i pose for pictures
me i used to hate posers but i would never approach them cuz well i dunno why. but one day i saw a young kid wearing a black sabbath shirt and i questioned him about it and he knew a lot about them. that just goes to show you dont judge a book by its cover.
Slappin' Southpaw of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Founder of the Guitar Militia. Pm me to join
Quote by element4433
Let's kill 'em

I don't have an opinion; I don't dress, look, or act punx. I just play it and listen.

Same.
I am a poseur and I don't care
I like to make people stare
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Doolittle
They're everywhere.
Jus' b tr00 2 urself n let 'em f0||0W da n3xT tR3Nd.

Straite up true wordz.
Oh Shit!
Quote by Doolittle
They're everywhere.
Jus' b tr00 2 urself n let 'em f0||0W da n3xT tR3Nd.

I <3 u d0oliTtL3
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Ska Wars
I am a poseur and I don't care
I like to make people stare

+1

I've been wondering that line was for ages as well....love the Spex but her voice is so hard to understand.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
let posers pose. If you don't give em attention they'll just fade away.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Posers only exist when you're in 9th grade.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by blackflag49
+h4+ w4$ 80rD3r1|n3 Un|n+e11|g|b13.

Yeah, those are words.

that was borderline unintelligible?

but on topic, i love seeing kids with led zepplin or pink floyd shirts, questioning them if they listen to them, and getting the response "yeah, he's awesome!!!"

(i know the afforementioned bands aren't punk, but i love getting those reactions)
Kick Ass Ska from the New Orleans Area

Quote by jetfuel495
Quote by DamageMachine
Could be Super AIDS

omfg like in resident evil 4? with the tentacles coming out of his head?

LAS PLAGAS!

Quote by LadyHellraiser
I like boobs
Damn, i sound like a rugmuncher today, haha.
Quote by sargasm
GUD THING IMA TROO PONX AND REPEL POSERS WIT MA PONX MAGNET

haha

The best is when posers call true fans posers and get owned.
i dont really care when they're just young kids with band shirts who dont really know ****, cos they're young n just gettin into it, but still posers dont really bother me either.
are there any horse socks? is anyone listening to me?
Quote by sargasm
GUD THING IMA TROO PONX AND REPEL POSERS WIT MA PONX MAGNET

haha

*immortalised in sig*
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by thera_x
no worries, we hate you too

Was that to me? I'm not even talking about punk posers, i'm talking about scene kids, who are posers to anything cool. Different but the same.

I pretty much don't know any punk wannabes here, it doesn't really exist besides in my head, and maybe a few out there.
It's a good thing I just watched a national geographic special on posers.

The poser is a solitary killer. It stalks its prey, waits, and strikes at the opportune moment.

The poser can eat 2 times its body weight at a single sitting. The crusties will have to wait their turn.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
It's a good thing I just watched a natural geographic special.

um, i think it's called National Geographic.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
*fixed*

Jesus christ.

This is what happens when people pick holes in stuff, as opposed to standing back and admiring the big picture.
Big pictures don't bother me much, little ones do.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
wow BrianApocalypse can't even think up his own jokes, just replaces words form pre-existing jokes in Family Guy.

vote Original=Punk!
I pretend to be a poser. I infiltrate their poser world. I dress up in their stupid clothes and listen to their stupid music, all the while slowly gaining their trust. Once I believe I have enough information, I wear a wire and start a serious discussion and eventually coerce them into admitting they are posers.

Once I have enough information I rip off my shirt to reveal my Casualties shirt and Misfits wristband and they know that they have been struck by...

THE POSER REVEALER!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by blackflag49
+h4+ w4$ 80rD3r1|n3 Un|n+e11|g|b13.

Yeah, those are words.

49 6E 20 74 68 65 20 63 6F 75 72 73 65 20 6F 66 20 6D 79 20 6C 69 66 65 2C 20 49 20 68 61 76 65 20 66 6F 75 6E 64 20 74 68 61 74 20 70 6F 73 65 72 73 20 61 72 65 20 71 75 69 74 65 20 64 65 73 70 69 63 61 62 6C 65 2C 20 61 6C 62 65 69 74 20 65 61 73 69 6C 79 20 69 67 6E 6F 72 65 64 2E

46 65 61 72 20 6D 79 20 6D 6F 6F 6E 73 70 65 61 6B 2E
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by werty22
^That's far too 1337 for me to comprehend.

You need to get a secret Decoder ring from the back of a cereal box to read it.
Quote by SuperBlob
haha

*immortalised in sig*

I should own the rights to sigging that because I quoted it first. Whatever I'm going to put it there anyway.
Quote by StreetLight3989
I should own the rights to sigging that because I quoted it first. Whatever I'm going to put it there anyway.

Just because I'm not awake at 4 in the morning
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
i think that it is interseting to see threads like this because really these kids are getting more attention than needed. A mod needs to close this.
Quote by SuperBlob
Just because I'm not awake at 4 in the morning

Damn Brits.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by SuperBlob
How'd you like them apples?!
In pie
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
In pie

Not you, Streetlight

Also, chataramamaamaama, cause I have no real friends

FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!