i'm thinking of trading of my jap strat for a jap tele. the reason is because i just want a tele. i know it's stupid. so i've heard that a strat is more versatile, more suited for rock, which is actually what i'm looking for. can a tele actually have a decent rock tone? assuming it's a stock tele
Do it!

You CAN achieve any tone you want with a Tele. They're even more versatile than strats
Quote by .smudged.
Do it!

You CAN achieve any tone you want with a Tele. They're even more versatile than strats

That's a pretty dubious claim, considering strats have an extra pickup and 2 extra pickup selector positions.

In truth, I'd say they pretty equally matched when it comes to versatility. You can definately get a good rock tone with a tele, but make sure you play one before you make the trade, and be sure it's a decision you won't regret.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
No it's true, I play every type of music on my Tele
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
ok, neck-wise are they the same? is does a tele have a thicker neck?
The necks on contemporary Teles should be comparable to contemporary Strats.
Hi, I'm Peter