Are the necks on Gibson Explorers anything like the Les Paul, big and bulky? Cause i have pretty small hands but i love the explorer. Also, If I put a Bigsby trem on the Explorer, would it kill the metal look. Cause I would want a black one and put some emg 81's in there. Myabe a bigsby, not sure yet.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
dude its an explorer leave it alone there fine as is

and a les paul is an experience all its own
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

i would put a floyd rose on it, but they look fine with a bigsby, watch the beginning of school of rock. he has a black explorer with a bigsby, exactly what youre looking for. if you wanna see it, trying looking up "no vacancy fight school of rock" or something on youtube.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
the guy above me is right, a les paul is an experience all of its own.

but from what i've experienced with the explorer, its neck has a slimmer profile than the lp. it's one of the most comfortable neck i've played with in a guitar.

and as far as your pickup choice goes, i would say do as you please...
personally, i would get the guitar, play with it to make sure it has the tone i want before swapping pickups.
Ok, what abotu the neck? Big or small?
I've got a Gibson Explorer. They're really nice as they are. I've never personally played a Gibson Les Paul, but trust me, the Explorer is great. As for the bigsby or a floyd rose, if you really want one, I'd suggest getting an Ibanez or something that already has one. I think ESP has more metal-style explorer-style guitars with tremolo, and they'd have the locking nut and whatnot as well. If you really want a Gibson, keep it as it is. I wouldn't really suggest a Gibson explorer for the metal look. They don't really sound all that metal.
i love the shape, but i played an explorer in GC on friday, and wasnt too saitisfied w/ it... thats just me
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
bigsbys are quite possibly the most disgusting tremolo bridges i have ever seen.....if you really want a good tremolo system i would suggest you go with a kahler. To me they are way better than floyds and require way less routing to install.
Quote by bobbyj84
Ok, what abotu the neck? Big or small?

its almost the same width across the fretboard, but the explorer neck is a little thinner. explorers play so nice, man.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
They have pretty massive necks too, the Explorers. Still they're no harder to play, for me, than a LP
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
If some one could show me a link to a ESP guiar that has the Flying V shape, not just a V but the ESp's that look exactly like a Flying V or something like Hetfields that looks exactly like a Gibson explorer but ESP, that'd be great
Quote by bobbyj84
If some one could show me a link to a ESP guiar that has the Flying V shape, not just a V but the ESp's that look exactly like a Flying V or something like Hetfields that looks exactly like a Gibson explorer but ESP, that'd be great

the FX series, which Hetfield used, are no longer in production. Gibson threatened ESP in a lawsuit, so ESP had to redesign their explorer shapes. they now are all more jagged edged.
Quote by Gunpowder
What abtou the V's that look like Flying V's? Godddamn Gibson and their ownage over companys.....
They have beefy necks like most gibsons do, but I think they play really well.

Don't forget the fastest guitarist in teh world uses one.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!