Okay, I mainly play thrash metal like Megadeth and Metallica. My current strat is not doing the job (single coil pickups aren't too good for my style) so I want to get a newe guitar for $800 or less. It has to have passive pickups. I've been looking at the Schecter C-1 Blackjack, the Schecter C-1 Elite, and the Gibson Faded Flying V. But my question is, do these guitars have enough output to handle my kind of music? This question is mainly for the Gibson. Also, do you think these guitars are good choices for my style of music and my price range? Everyone on UG seems upsessed with Ibanez, Jackson, and other guitars made for shredding. Are my choices for new guitar bad?
I surely am impressed with my Ibanez and the Jackson I used to have.

May I ask why you must have passive pickups?

You can always throw in a set of high output passive humbuckers if the stock humbuckers don't work for you.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
i have a solid state amp and all the active pickup guitars ive tried with it sound horrible... plus even on a nice tube amp i prefer passive to active just for tone... anyways, anyone have any feedback on the quality of the guitars i picked?
Quote by kirkhammett09
i have a solid state amp and all the active pickup guitars ive tried with it sound horrible... plus even on a nice tube amp i prefer passive to active just for tone... anyways, anyone have any feedback on the quality of the guitars i picked?

well, all 3 seemed fine to me. I didn't like the gloss finish on the necks of the Schecter guitars, but thats just a personal thing. For Pickups, the C1 Elite is just lacking real SD's, The Blackjack though has a good setup, but the JB/'59 just might not cut it for the Metallica/Megadeth stuff. Faded V should be fine for your style, its what Metallica first used.

Like I said though, if you don't like the stock pups, you can always switch them.

I would personally go with either the Faded V or the Blackjack.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS