Page 1 of 3
So who do you think has the coolest corpse paint? I'm planning on wearing corpse paint for halloween, and I was wondering who had the best pattern to copy. I was thinking about just coming up with something, but when people ask me what I am supposed to be, I think it would be a lot easier if I could tell them who I was, and explain it from there. I'm not trying to make it a contest, but I wanna see who you think has really cool paint, and give a link to pictures or something.
King Diamond, the original design he had in Mercyful Fate before Gene $immon$ tried sueing for 'copying' him.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Do Alice Cooper. That way when you tell someone who you're supposed to be, they'll recognize the name. Imagine you're talking to a chick... she says, "Who are you?" "I'm the old drummer from Gorgoroth." "Uhhh... ok."

Maybe you should do what I did one year... Cliff Burton Back Fom The Dead. That was freakin' awesome.

At least make an attempt to get laid.
Quote by guitgrinder
Do Alice Cooper. That way when you tell someone who you're supposed to be, they'll recognize the name. Imagine you're talking to a chick... she says, "Who are you?" "I'm the old drummer from Gorgoroth." "Uhhh... ok."

Maybe you should do what I did one year... Cliff Burton Back Fom The Dead. That was freakin' awesome.

At least make an attempt to get laid.

I'm not really worried about people not knowing who I am. I've got a friend who listens to burzum and everything, and most of my other friends are halfway familiar with the music I listen to. It should be kinda fun explaining it to everyone else.
Dimmu's vocalist, Shagroth's corpsepaint is pretty cool w/ the gills & all.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by nebraskan
Dimmu's vocalist, Shagroth's corpsepaint is pretty cool w/ the gills & all.

The gills remind me of Peter Criss of KISS actually...
^ lol yea I see the similarities
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by chylde_of_fire
King Diamond, the original design he had in Mercyful Fate before Gene $immon$ tried sueing for 'copying' him.

Really, I like the crosses better. Then the old "sea-dragon" paint, then the one right after Gene sued him. Gene's a prick.
Gene invented the devil horns... and heavy metal didnt you know?
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by kinzoku

Gene invented devil horns = i guess so
Gene invented metal = go **** yourself
Quote by HopeLeaves_35
Really, I like the crosses better. Then the old "sea-dragon" paint, then the one right after Gene sued him. Gene's a prick.

Haven't u ever seen the show Gene Simmons Family Jewels? He puts KISS on everything, he loves money more than most people. And I know this has nothing to do w/ his desire for $, but he's also Jewish.

Dio claims he' invented the horns b/c his grandma used to always do it to him.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by kinzoku

No he didnt. Its an old italian gesture. Dio's grandmother actually did it to him when he was young, as a good luck symbol. When he used it during shows, it stuck as the devil horns, which it sure as hell wasnt supposed to be.

EDIT: Meant to say Dio. All the black sabbath dudes are the same to me
Last edited by insideac at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by insideac
No he didnt. Its an old italian gesture. Dio's grandmother actually did it to him when he was young, as a good luck symbol. When he used it during shows, it stuck as the devil horns, which it sure as hell wasnt supposed to be.

EDIT: Meant to say Dio. All the black sabbath dudes are the same to me

I know that's what he said in Headbanger's Journey, but I'm sceptical...
Good luck doing the drummer from gorgoroth, or most designs, it's actually really fuggin hard to pull off if you're doing it by yourself I'm guessing. Maybe it's just me, but even combing my hair in a mirrior is confusing because everything is backwards lol.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Last edited by CaptainOfSmug at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Good luck doing the drummer from gorgoroth, or most designs, it's actually really fuggin hard to pull off if you're doing it by yourself I'm guessing. Maybe it's just me, but even coming my hair in a mirrior is confusing because everything is backwards lol.

use a straightener. or if your not a homosexual, use gel or something
No, I'm cooler then that, I just throw a hat on haha
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by punk_metal
Gene invented devil horns = i guess so
Gene invented metal = go **** yourself

i was being 100% sarcastic. i saw the Metal Documentary with dio on the subject of devil horns and gene creating breathing. thats why i mentioned it, gene is a dick and full of him self. i guess not everyone can sense sarcasm.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Last edited by kinzoku at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by kinzoku
i was being 100% sarcastic. i saw the Metal Documentary with dio on the subject of devil horns and gene creating breathing. thats why i mentioned it, gene is a dick and full of him self. i guess not everyone can sense sarcasm.

nah soz im a total tight ****-ass
i can't sense sarcasm from a mile away
Did anyone here watch rock school the uk series?
sucha tool
Try King Diamond's current one, it's not too bad.
I like the crosses. Mind the link on the first page is pretty damn sick.
best corpse-paint: Dead.
See.....big sunglasses, not Emperor sunglasses, BIG sunglasses
What I've always really liked are the ones where it looks like the black paint is dripping out of their eyes and mouth. something not too complicated, but still good and sick. any good suggestions for that?
Fenriz does it well. Keep it simple. The point is to look like a corpse, not some overdone Dracula wannabe who spent 3 hours getting his makeup perfected.

See.....big sunglasses, not Emperor sunglasses, BIG sunglasses
I HAVE
TOOTSIE POPS

Found a pic of King Diamond's, for the uneducated amongst us.
My band: Iconic Vivisect

Quote by madbasslover
I think what we can all take away from this is that people should be allowed to listen to whatever they want to as long as we're all the same religion.

I like Gaahl's mix of corpse paint and blood
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I think corpsepainting looks butt ugly on everyone except for the kiss-members. Especially when a black metal is wearing it to look evil, instead they look like dorks.
^that.
Arthur Brown is awesome.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by everythingdies
Is that anybody in a band, or is it purely a joke?

Just a joke i'm sure.
I like Behemoth's paint. It's not too over the top so it doesn't look ridiculous. And it actually makes them look kind of like corpses. Orion has the best.
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Page 1 of 3