hey wasup i have an epi SG special the tuner for my G string has a horrible habit of comming loose from the back of the head

i'll screw it back in but it'll get loose again eventualy

i'm looking for a permenant fix so is this a problem with the tuners that i can fix by buying new ones or i s there somthing wrong with the head
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
They're crappy tuners. I'd change all of them if I were you.

If you want a quick fix for now, there may be a nut around the tuner post on the front of the headstock. If there is, tighten that nut. If not, I have nothing else to add.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
U could try adding a bit of lock-tite into the threads of the nut to see if it holds better?
Quote by Will_Minus
They're crappy tuners. I'd change all of them if I were you.

If you want a quick fix for now, there may be a nut around the tuner post on the front of the headstock. If there is, tighten that nut. If not, I have nothing else to add.

there isn't and the tunners aren't really that bad
Quote by gavztheouch1
U could try adding a bit of lock-tite into the threads of the nut to see if it holds better?

i think i'll try that and post how it worked thanks
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
To me it sounds like a worn area that the screw is going into. You mean that the tuner is physically moving away from the head from the back, as in the screw that holds the peg onto the back of the headstock is coming loose?

If so, simple solution is to put a dab of wood glue in the worn hole and a couple toothpicks. Let it dry up, snip the toothpicks down to the headstock and screw the tuning peg back in.